Reinstalling xF, Keeping Database

The Dark Wizard

What do I have to do to reinstall xF and keep our database?

We have too many addon/so many things in the file directory from things installed the past that a fresh install is in everyone's benefit.

I've never reinstalled any forum software to keep an existing database, is this possible?

If you re-install xF and import the old database the addons will still be installed (just without the files)

It's possible and very easy to do this, just install xF as normal then when you are done empty the new database and import the old one via phpmyadmin (assuming that is what you use).

If you re-install xF and import the old database the addons will still be installed (just without the files)

It's possible and very easy to do this, just install xF as normal then when you are done empty the new database and import the old one via phpmyadmin (assuming that is what you use).

How to make it not bring over addons?

Dean is right, if you use the same db it'll still have the plugins installed, the best way would be to just remove the plugins, I'm not sure how much of a difference it'll make to "move the db" after the plugins are removed btw.

Top Bottom