Add-on RegEx based Anti-Swearing

KensonPlays

I have a pretty advanced RegEx based filter on my Minecraft Server, that prevents 99% of all swearing/advertising, and I'd love to implement something like it on the site (instead of adding each bad languaged word manually which I do not enjoy doing). This is in the actual Thread/Topics, but if it did it on registration (email, username, etc) too, that would make it better, but Threads/topics is minimum.

Same thing, If it was free/$10 or so, I'd buy it (if you could released these plugins publicly at that price, I'd be fine with it!)

Last edited:
Options:User Registration
Username Validation: User Name Match Regular Expression or Disallowed Text in User Names
Do you using this? ;)

Bump, I'm still looking for this, would pay $15-20 or so for this addon/plugin!

This would be best in the following areas (at minimum): posts, threads, conversations, usernames, custom profile fields.

I might even be willing to pay 20-25 for it, sorry for all these bumps, but this is required for my forum to have a more advanced anti-swear/anti-advertising filter, possibly something I can paste in my current RegEx filter and modify it for the forum?

I know a quadruple post isn't good, but this is a must for my forum, any other things you would need to know before beginning development?

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
PCRE regex?

I can do it, but I know very little about how to create regexes, but I can probably CREATE it for ya :)

I want to have multiple regexes, to block as much bad language as possible. I have a filter already that I could base my forum filter off of, that has 400 regexes to prevent 99% of the foul language.
Like maybe it could be a simple plugin with a 'rules.txt' which includes the regex rules it would read from?

I want to have multiple regexes, to block as much bad language as possible. I have a filter already that I could base my forum filter off of, that has 400 regexes to prevent 99% of the foul language.
Like maybe it could be a simple plugin with a 'rules.txt' which includes the regex rules it would read from?
Can you give me an example of how something like that would look? And it would probably be better to keep it in the options tab, since then nobody could find rules.txt and look for ways around your regexes :3

I don't think it's specific, you could code something similar, right? Or even something simply like:
match w+o+r+d+|w+u+r+d+|w+v+r+d+

Etc, but with lots of words because I want to be able to have the posts not moderated when they first join, I want something to block bad language and non-approved links (I already have a link-blocking plugin though).

I don't think it's specific, you could code something similar, right? Or even something simply like:

Etc, but with lots of words because I want to be able to have the posts not moderated when they first join, I want something to block bad language and non-approved links (I already have a link-blocking plugin though).
Well with the PHP code, you could do something like:
\b(word|wurd|wvrd)\b
and it would block those?

You could release it as a paid plugin if you developed that feature into it. :)
Yeah I don't think I could make it streamlined though, like you would need it, and I think that if I were to do this, it would be simply based around a standard PHP regex, which would make it confusing for most users.
Not sure what else to say :/

I would have to enter each word in manually then, which would take a long time, but it is possible right? I could add 300 filters or so and it would run fine?

Top Bottom