Regarding Add-ons?

neodan

I have a few more questions before I buy.

How do I add addons/modifcations. Are they a matter of attach mod, upload, and install. Or is it template modifications (that can get changed with xF upgrades)

I want to create a xF, but I'm thinking about the future. It's in beta now. So clearly there will be upgrades and if I will have to constantly be editing templates.

Beta software by its nature will change, but not dramatically so.
The style properties system is still being fully implemented so there may be some changes required if you create a custom style.
I wouldn't imagine it will be anything too great though.

Regarding add-ons and template modifications, see this thread which covers that in some detail: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/i-dont-see-this-anywhere-in-xenforo.8469/

Essentially though it's a simple matter of uploading the files, installing the .xml file and editing templates as required.
Template edits are done in the ACP so it's very simple to do and later edit or revert any changes.

Currently... the hooks are implemented into the software but not setup in the templates quite yet. I believe that's one of the major things they're working on getting running so currently mods consist of importing it through the admin panel then the occasional template edits.

Hooks allow the mod/addon developer to allow the import file to automatically place the template edits into the styles.

Top Bottom