Refresh New Posts [Deleted]

Mr. Jinx

Mr. Jinx submitted a new resource:

Refresh New Posts - Refresh the New Posts page automatticaly

Refresh New Posts

This addon will make it possible to automatically refresh the "New Posts" page.
You can control the auto refresh time of new and recent posts.

Purpose
On my forum, users make heavy use of the New Posts page. For most of them, it is their starting point.
However, users cannot simply press F5 to refresh this page, because XenForo adds a number to the URL.
For example, users go to /find-new/posts and are redirected to...

Read more about this resource...

Neither of these links show what you're talking about :( Nice ocean animation though (y)
"ourforum'org" was just a replacement for our real domain.
What I was trying to say is our forum is located in the folder "forums" but when the add-on wants to refresh the page it doesn't search in the "forum" folder but in the root folder (the domain name) instead

Thanks for the feedback MDK. I tested this on my own forum, which is installed in root, so I forgot to take care of other installations.
Should be fixed now :)

Thanks a lot for this plugin. It works fine.

But how it is possible to remove (this page automatically refreshes every 60 seconds) message. In multi language forum it does not look nice. It would be better without this message ;)

Yeah, it is phrased, so go to your admin panel > Appereance > Search Phrases and select your language.
Then search title: RefreshNewPosts_Refresh and RefreshNewPosts_Seconds and translate.

To disable the message completely go to Appereance > Template Modifications
Disable find_new_post (Add auto refresh text) and find_new_posts_none (Add auto refresh text)

ps: I will look at permissions when I have some time left.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is phrased, so go to your admin panel > Appereance > Search Phrases and select your language.
Then search title: RefreshNewPosts_Refresh and RefreshNewPosts_Seconds and translate.

To disable the message completely go to Appereance > Template Modifications
Disable find_new_post (Add auto refresh text) and find_new_posts_none (Add auto refresh text)

Great thanks for support :-)

My userbase revolted against this.
Many of them use the New Posts page as an 'anchor', loading threads/posts of interest in a new tab. Going to the 2nd and subsequent page of New Post, and of course the refresh causes them all sorts of issues.

My userbase revolted against this.
Many of them use the New Posts page as an 'anchor', loading threads/posts of interest in a new tab. Going to the 2nd and subsequent page of New Post, and of course the refresh causes them all sorts of issues.
It reads like this would be an issue for many of my members as well. Does the second page also refresh? If so then that would prevent members from using new-posts as an anchor. It would be nice to have a function to allow members to do both: enjoy auto-refresh or use it as an anchor.
Maybe a toggle button to turn the refresh on/off.
Or only affect the first page so that it grows larger, while keeping the other pages the same.

Top Bottom