Lack of interest Reduce a click from Multiple Quote

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Sadik B

I thought I would provide some constructive feedback about the new multi-quote in XF 1.3. Currently it requires at least 3 clicks to multi-quote. That is just too many in my opinion.

The popup on clicking Insert Quotes is plain unnecessary.

I think Multi-Quote should work the same way as "Reply" link, that is directly insert the quote in the reply box. On going to a different page, user can click on the "Insert Quotes" button. Clicking it should simply insert all the multiple quotes. The user can simply delete if he doesn't want a quote. Wanting to remove a multiple quote after having clicked on Quote+ is less likely to happen than a user wanting to include all quotes. As a general principle I believe majority should not be inconvenienced for the sake of minority.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The overlay is very useful. I've already used it for re-ordering quotes and removing ones that, at the time I thought I wanted to quote but subsequently changed my mind.

Simply deleting a quote once it has been added to the reply box can be problematic when there are multiple quotes and at least some of these are from longer posts. It's much more convenient to be able to remove these from the overlay. It's also more convenient to check that the quotes you have in there are the ones you want and that you haven't added something to multi-quote earlier that you have forgotten about and no longer require.

Personally I think the 'inconvenience' of an additional click is far outweighed by the advantages the overlay brings.

I thought I would provide some constructive feedback about the new multi-quote in XF 1.3. Currently it requires at least 3 clicks to multi-quote.

Just use the Quote-Me addon. Simply highlight the post you want to copy and an overlay box will pop up called 'quote me'(phrased) and simply click on it to quote. IMO a far superior implementation than what we got in core.

Top Bottom