Redirection Scripts for Invision IP Forums and Gallery

Redirection Scripts for Invision IP Forums and Gallery 2.0.2

No permission to download
Followed the instructions. Same directory as before so just put the 3 files in. Does not work. Any ideas?

Unmaintained?
"All that is required is that you unzip these files and place them in the directory in which your IPB files resided."
Does not do anything for me.

Jon in support fixed it. You need to add your archive log name to the 301redirect file. This, however, was not in the instructions.

BUG:
The redirects support going to individual posts but only on page one (/?p=xxxxxxx), once they are on page 2 and beyond they use this format:
http://*****.com/topic/64681-a-thread/page-31#entry1464043
And they go to top of thread only.

Last edited:
BUG:
The redirects support going to individual posts but only on page one (/?p=xxxxxxx), once they are on page 2 and beyond they use this format:
This also happens with /#entry and no page number, so it looks like this: http://domain.com/topic/23145-topicname/#entry476941

Can this be fixed or addressed in the htacess? PS. Yes, I retained IDs.

XF changes only the post (/p=) format but not the /#entry format.

Last edited:
BUG:
did anyone fixed this?

Nope, bug still exists.
I can't make this redirect script work for IPB 4.5. The URLS have the following format:
Code:
.com/index.php?/profile/39970-tomtom

Any ideas if you have the same URL structure?

Last edited:
XenForo updated Redirection Scripts for Invision Forums 3.x with a new update entry:

New version now handles member profile pages and member status updates

This new version handles member profile pages identified in the Invision system with a /profile/ URI, and also member status updates, corresponding to XenForo profile posts.

Additionally, it is now possible to pass page numbers from forum and topic pages, although in order to avoid unexpected results you should ensure that the number of items shown per-page by XenForo in forums and threads matches the settings from your Invision installation.

These are controlled here...

Read the rest of this update entry...

XenForo updated Redirection Scripts for Invision Forums 3.x with a new update entry:

Now supports IPS Gallery

This update includes support for IPS Gallery with the following URL types handled:
  1. gallery
  2. gallery/image
  3. gallery/category
  4. gallery/album
In order to enable gallery redirects, you must use the updated 301config.php and provide the name of the database table in which your import was logged (by default, this is import_log_ipsgallery_1 in the appropriate place... and that should be it.

If any helpful soul wants to explain to me how to differentiate albums from member albums in IPS Gallery or provide example data, I'd be happy to add support for that, if it's possible.

The bug I posted on this page, is this the correct place to post it or in the tracker? I noticed it was not fixed in the last batch of fixes. It's essential to be able to preserve links to posts in threads (formatted differently page 2 and beyond) when a user has posted a direct link, and not be taken to the top. Thanks!

but not the /#entry format.
anchor can't be processed by a redirection script

# usually separates the anchor from the page itself. The anchor, when present, hints that upon load or refresh the page should scroll to a particular section. The # symbol and everything afterwards is, as far as I know, not sent to the server but remains client side. JavaScript can work with more advanced anchors (in the format of what is after the ? sign in fact), but I think that is atypical.

XenForo updated Redirection Scripts for Invision IP Forums and Gallery with a new update entry:

Fixed redirects for non-friendly IPS URLs

A bug in the previous versions meant that redirect rules targeting IPS URL structures that were not 'friendly', ie.: of the form example.com/index.php?/path/to/stuff would also target unrelated resources in some instances.

This version fixes the issue, and has been verified to redirect IPS URLs reliably in all circumstances.

Please upload all three files from the attached archive:
  • .htaccess
  • 301config.php
  • ips2xf.php

XenForo updated Redirection Scripts for Invision IP Forums and Gallery with a new update entry:

Fixed redirects for non-friendly IPS URLs

A bug in the previous versions meant that redirect rules targeting IPS URL structures that were not 'friendly', ie.: of the form example.com/index.php?/path/to/stuff would also target unrelated resources in some instances.

This version fixes the issue, and has been verified to redirect IPS URLs reliably in all circumstances.

Please upload all three files from the attached archive:
  • .htaccess
  • 301config.php
  • ips2xf.php

with a new update entry:
Just updated this yesterday and now I have server errors.

Says ips2xf.php:81
Code:
[HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING]

#0 ips2xf.php(81): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/user/do...', 81, Array)
#1 {main}

[HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING]

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(27) "/forum/index.php?board=24.0"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://www.myforums.com/forum/index.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["board"] => string(4) "24.0"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I didn't have this with an older version I had running from 2021. However, in the ip2xf.php it didn't point to the correct dbtable either. Just fixed that yesterday.

In the new version of the 301config.php at the bottom it says:
Code:
define('THREAD_PAGE_NUMBERS', false);
define('FORUM_PAGE_NUMBERS', false);

I didn't have that in the old version either. These are not between the */ things.

Line 81 in the ips2xf.php file is the "if gallery" part, but I don't use any gallery. However, if I don't use it it shouldn't cause issues anyway due to the statements if I seen correctly, but I'm no php coder.

Howe can I fix this?

Top Bottom