1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirecting users accessing any page to another location, thread based on parameters?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by rainmotorsports, Apr 21, 2014.

1. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

Actually have a couple questions but the first half I think I have figured out. I am trying to write 2 things. One is a plugin to display a message to Tor users if we are currently blocking (sometimes someone has to be abusive) but the other is a little different. Redirecting usergroups to a thread that must be viewed.

For the Tor Block displaying a simple message is fine. So I assume I can just throw a responseerror in predispatch after extending XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract?

As for the other plugin after checking the usergroup and my table that logs whether or not they have already viewed the thread(s) in question how do I actually override the contents of a page to give them the message about why this is happening and the link to the thread. From what I am seeing so far it looks like I would override the responseview?

Perhaps if anyone can suggest plugins to look at. I got the basic understanding so far from looking at stopcountryspam. Thats specific to the register page but I don't think its far off at all since I won't be extending the register controller but probably just the abstract?