XF 2.0 Recycle board?

Mave

SMF had the option of enabling a recycling board, that way users can delete stuff but admins can still view those posts and topics in one specific Recycling Board.
Proved me helpful when one of my moderator's account got "stolen" and the "hacker" deleted all his posts.

Is something like that available in Xenforo?

SMF had the option of enabling a recycling board, that way users can delete stuff but admins can still view those posts and topics in one specific Recycling Board.
Proved me helpful when one of my moderator's account got "stolen" and the "hacker" deleted all his posts.

Is something like that available in Xenforo?

I did a search in the resource manager and found this one which would probably be closest to what you are after - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/move-to-trash-can.5588/

Notice in that resource the second screenshot at the bottom which shows you where you set the options.

Another thing that's worth mentioning. Say for example if you didn't want to have a trash forum, a good way to reduce risk would be to only provide your moderators with 'soft delete' permissions. This means that if someone were to gain access to a moderator account with elevated permissions, the deletion would hide the thread from public view and only mods and admins would be able to see them. Soft deleted threads can be restored in a few clicks, whereas to restore a hard deleted thread requires a restore from a back up (not ideal).

Finally, you should definitely encourage your administrators moderators to turn on Two-step verification for additional account security. This can be done from Your account, Password and account security. :)

Top Bottom