Recurring notices. Have notices scheduled to start every n hours or days. With un-dismiss option

Stuart Wright

Notices are great, but I think it would be a nice addition to be able to schedule them to re-enable.
For example, I want to have a notice start at 6pm every Wednesday and disable at 7pm. I can already schedule notices to start and end at a specific time on a specific date, but I can't have have them happen every set number of hours/days or on a set day of the week.
And I'd want to un-dismiss the notice for everyone as it is re-enabled so that people who have previously dismissed the notice the week before get reminded again.

Upvote 34
Notices are great, but I think it would be a nice addition to be able to schedule them to re-enable.
For example, I want to have a notice start at 6pm every Wednesday and disable at 7pm. I can already schedule notices to start and end at a specific time on a specific date, but I can't have have them happen every set number of hours/days or on a set day of the week.
And I'd want to un-dismiss the notice for everyone as it is re-enabled so that people who have previously dismissed the notice the week before get reminded again.
This is a good idea, we could make use of this too.

I could have used this with my last forum modification--we were disabling Profile Posts and wanted everyone to be aware so they could grab any data they wanted before we removed them. Instead, I had to reword the notice and reset it so it appeared for everyone again. Ideally I'd have had it pop up once a week as a reminder.

I've been thinking of paying to have this done as my site has a lot of time-sensitive things that people in different time zones need to be aware of.

Does this work for you?

Im right behind you there and I have a fair few forums.

People who think you don't need this, you do it could be so useful!

Well, I was going to upvote but apparently did so already. Just noticed this thread goes back to 2020 so probably when it first went up.

Top Bottom