Recently bought an iPad

---MAD---

Hi there,

I have recently purchased an iPad and wow am loving it. I have never owned the iphone nor the ipod touch so the whole app store experience is new to me. I am in need of a list of applications (whether free or paid) that are worth checking out.

Also, does anyone know any decent websites that either review apps?

Obviously the itunes store website itself is helpful to a certain extend with its rankings in each category however I feel it's best to find apps through word of mouth.

For anyone who has been considering purchasing an ipad 2, I definitely recommend getting one.

Thanks

1password
dropbox

They're a must.

Beyond that if you're into podcasts/netcasts: DownCast
And if you're into reading news: Flipboard

Skype for iPad is out now (yay??) and beyond that it's simply a matter of what kinda genres you're looking for.. games, note taking, productivity, enterprise, business, fun apps, cool apps ?

iCab Mobile is a must. Tabs, adblocker, downloads - all that stuff that Apple forgot. And I like Pages.
Osfoora if you like Twitter... Well, hard to say which apps are useful, without knowing your preferences :-)

Congrats --MAD--! I love my iPad2. Here are some apps that I use -

YPMobile (yellow pages)
Twitter for iPad
Kindle for iPad (for reading)
Pages
DropBox
Snapseed - for photo/image editing and manipulation

For fun -
If you like card games, i.e. poker, canasta, rummy, etc. get the Card Shark app, which contains just about every card/poker game imaginable.

Enjoy!

What was the reason you bought it ?
Work ?
What type of stuff are you trying to accomplish on it ?
Both work and play I guess -> I am in university at the moment so I've still got time for both ;).

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will be checking them out.

I've already got flipboard, skype, bbcnews, bloomberg and have purchased field runners (very addictive game!)

They have this one app called "circuit" i think. It allows you to draw up a circuit board and see the theoretical operation of the board. Its really cool cause you can throw a 555 timer in it, and see the pulses coming out. It also shows the waveforms which is handy too sometimes.

My dad got one last week and he likes it but he's still working out how to turn it on...:)

Hi there,

I have recently purchased an iPad and wow am loving it. I have never owned the iphone nor the ipod touch so the whole app store experience is new to me. I am in need of a list of applications (whether free or paid) that are worth checking out.

Also, does anyone know any decent websites that either review apps?

Obviously the itunes store website itself is helpful to a certain extend with its rankings in each category however I feel it's best to find apps through word of mouth.

For anyone who has been considering purchasing an ipad 2, I definitely recommend getting one.

Thanks

Top Bottom