XF 2.0 reCaptcha v3

We do not have support for reCAPTCHA v3 and currently have no plans to introduce it.

As a CAPTCHA, which is solely what we use it for, version 2 is sufficient.

I can assure you, v2 (no idea about v3) is not sufficient. The bots have figured it out... spam is as big a problem now as it ever has been.

I can assure you, v2 (no idea about v3) is not sufficient. The bots have figured it out... spam is as big a problem now as it ever has been.
I certainly agree as far as version 2 is concerned. That said it's great for getting rid of all those potential members that can't find (or be bothered to find) all the traffic lights pictured on out of focus images.

I do believe version 3 still has problems that make it hard to strike a balance between blocking every bot while allowing every genuine registration attempt.

We use that mainly, but spammers have figured out a way around that one too.
in my time of doing computer technical support, hackers and such eventually work their way around almost every security feature that has been created
and if the spammers are human then you have to work with something that maintains a database because since they are human they quality for joining

Top Bottom