1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reCaptcha becoming impossible to read

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dark Matter, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Active Member

reCaptcha now becoming impossible to read, can't be helping new forum registrations. Would you still use it?
  2. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I don't use it. It really is becoming more and more difficult. Nowadays I can't get a reCaptcha right without refreshing it twice or thrice. Seems to me it's now a program to keep humans out as spammers (possibly bots) inexplicably still keep registering.
  3. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I have to agree, it is indeed backing easier for spam bots to access reCaptcha, then it is for you, me, or anyone else.
  4. User

User Well-Known Member

If I were to code a bot I'd download the recaptcha audio, analyze it and go from there.
  5. Panupat

Panupat Well-Known Member

Yea it's one of the thing I'm so annoyed... the forum I visit daily still use it. These days they have super weird, fractured fonts....

I always use simple q&a now
  6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Sadly there are bots that can already pick a part the visual graphics and audio. Spamming is big business and its annoying
  7. Caelum

Caelum Well-Known Member

I'd still use it in a pinch. In practise though, using only a bunch of blacklists + eventual Q/A captcha seems to work just fine on keeping spam out for me whilst being far less of an inconvenience to users.
  8. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

I've also had similar experiences..having to refresh several times before I get a code that I can read.