1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebuild position and post counters times out

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by audiokid, Feb 13, 2015.

1. audiokid

audiokid Active Member

Rebuild Thread Information plus Rebuild position and post counters.
    I'm wondering what settings I need to increase on my dedicated server so this doesn't time out?

I've been discovering my server needed increases in the PHP.ini, and a few other area's that have substantially increased the performance after I upped the values.
    This especially! http://serverfault.com/questions/355934/500-errors-when-switching-to-fcgi-in-cpanel-whm

What or where do I need to adjust this so it doesn't time out?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  2. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

There is no fix for this, as it is a design issue.

My workaround is to ensure calls to "/inline-mod" just have a longer php timeout.

audiokid likes this.
  3. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

You can modify some of php's values directly in xenforo's library/config.php

Code:
    (...)
    ini_set('display_errors', true);
    ini_set('display_startup_errors', true);
    ini_set('max_execution_time', 10000);
    ini_set("memory_limit","1024M");
    If you rebuild your content in acp>tools>rebuild then you can simply try to set a lower amount of data to be rebuild at each time.

4. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

This sadly don't help when it is a single thread which times out :(

Marcus likes this.
  5. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Attached is a CLI rebuild for threads (Note it isn't particularly faster, however it allows you to dump it into a screen and carry on working on other parts of the board as it doesn't used the deferred system)

Upload to your XenForo root directory, edit 'positionRebuild' => false to 'positionRebuild' => true

Then run from CLI.

Attached Files:

eva2000 likes this.