Realtime Conversations (live update)

gotski

Hello, it will be great to add "Realtime Conversations". Members on my forum adore private conversations, and it grew literally for 2 years, from 2 thousand messages to 10 thousand messages a day. I believe that more convenient internal private conversations, will save many from desire to look for more convenient way of communication in other place.

Thank you!

Upvote 7
I've recently launched a site and even though lots of existing facebook group users have signed up and shown interest, and even started posting, loads of the private comms still carry on through facebook due to the live aspect. Which brings them back to the group activity, and reducing their posting and visitation rate on the forum. Then they just get sucked back into the Facebook ecosystem as the tools aren't available on the forum. :cry:

It's a cycle. I know it's being beaten and discussed in some other threads, but lots of us are willing to pay for the extra server resources to get this kind of functionality if it means results and real activity will arise from it.

I've recently launched a site and even though lots of existing facebook group users have signed up and shown interest, and even started posting, loads of the private comms still carry on through facebook due to the live aspect. Which brings them back to the group activity, and reducing their posting and visitation rate on the forum. Then they just get sucked back into the Facebook ecosystem as the tools aren't available on the forum. :cry:

It's a cycle. I know it's being beaten and discussed in some other threads, but lots of us are willing to pay for the extra server resources to get this kind of functionality if it means results and real activity will arise from it.

I think if this feature will be on and off, this will solve the problem of weak servers.

Top Bottom