******* - Read PC Alert Confirmation [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

[1.2.x] Read Pc Alert Confirmation - Pc senders will receive an alert confirmation whenever his/her pc is/are read

This mod will add a read pc receipt, if you will. Pc senders will receive an alert confirmation whenever his/her pc is/are read. That will tell them the exact/precise time their pc/s is/are read.

The mod is group permissions based. i.e. you can set the read pc alert option on a group per group basis.

To do so go to the Usergroup that you want its users to receive an alert whenever his/her pc/pc's is/are read, and at the Permissions area below the Personal Conversation Permissions category you...

Read more about this resource...

Your costing me a fortune with all these brilliant addons lmao
Purchased, thanks @borbole much appreciated :D

Thank you for your business again :)

Can you specify whether you receive an alert per conversation?

Yes, you will receive an alert per conversation. Whenever it has been read by the recipient/s it will trigger an alert to the conversation starter to let him/her know that his/her conversation has just been read.

Now on live site, working exactly as described. Couple of bits of general feedback.
  • Would be useful if the alert linked you to that conversation, or even to the "Latest Alerts" page.
upload_2013-9-6_9-36-36.webp
  • I like the way it gives you an alert throughout the conversations, although it might be annoying on longer conversations. I'd rather have this functionality than not though!
  • As its group permission based, this would make a great 'user upgrade' incentive for those sites who have premium membership.

Yes, you will receive an alert per conversation. Whenever it has been read by the recipient/s it will trigger an alert to the conversation starter to let him/her know that his/her conversation has just been read.

Thanks for your answer :). One last question, can we specify whether we'd like an alert per conversation/reply? I can see where there will be cases where I won't be worried about whether I receive the alert.

Now on live site, working exactly as described. Couple of bits of general feedback.
  • Would be useful if the alert linked you to that conversation, or even to the "Latest Alerts" page.
  • I like the way it gives you an alert throughout the conversations, although it might be annoying on longer conversations. I'd rather have this functionality than not though!
  • As its group permission based, this would make a great 'user upgrade' incentive for those sites who have premium membership.

As it happens a couple of other users wanted the pm title in the alert notice to link to the inbox as well. Anyway, I just updated the mod with the extra change and emailed it to you. Thank you for your suggestion and feedback :)

Thanks for your answer :). One last question, can we specify whether we'd like an alert per conversation/reply? I can see where there will be cases where I won't be worried about whether I receive the alert.

You are welcome :)

No, there is no such option in this version.

Oh well, no use for me then, no need for an alert for all the PC's I send. A pity as I would've brought it otherwise.

i too would like to have a very clear option to opt in/out of getting a receipt of the message, it should be a check box at the very bottom of composing a message under the other options

also, can you add a field to the conversation info sidebar of the conversation page to show if the member has not yet read the message? where it shows last message date and who sent the last message, if it is not yet read it should be on the very bottom of this box saying "so and so has not yet read your message", this should be a default addition that works independent of notifications so that way you dont have to be bombarded with alerts and can follow up on your own if you want to

this is a basic feature of IPB that is very useful when trying to contact mods or admins which dont really have much time to get to all PMs and as such it is useful to know if they read the message or not, an alert is just an extra useful feature but checking it on your own should be at the core

so to summarize:
OPTION FOR ALERT
  • add checkbox at bottom of composing new conversation below the other 2 options whether or not the sender wants to receive an alert when read
CORE ADDITION - NO ALERT
  • add field to conversation info under "last message date" and "last message by" that denotes whether the recipient has read the latest message, would work both ways "x has not yet read your latest message"
  • if in more than 1 person convo, have it display the status of the message for each participant: "x has read your latest message, y has not read you latest message"

Last edited:
I think that the last message has been read along with the last read time part as Ipb has it would be best suited as an apart mod.

Whereas regarding the other suggestion to add a field for an user to choose whether he/she wants to receive an alert when his/her pc/pc's is/are read, I like it. I will keep that in mind for sure for when I release a new version.

Reactions: oVR
I've seen it a few times, but this is the first chance I've had to take a screenshot.

The only reason that I can think of that might cause that is if the user read/re-read the pm in quick succession. Other than that I don't know what can cause it. Maybe another conflict with some other third party mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom