(Re: Guide to Suggestions) Display a message in first posting of a thread as a guidance to [Like] it

Grover

In the light of Guide to Suggestions maybe this is a little idea: why not create a little plugin only for www.xenforo.com, which automatically puts a little message/indicator in only the first posting of a thread posted in http://xenforo.com/community/#xenforo-suggestions.17 , displaying something like:

[Like] this posting if you are interested to see this in XenForo (read more).

And then with the 'read more' being a link to http://xenforo.com/community/threads/guide-to-suggestions.2284/

I see a couple of people now stating in their threads 'please like my first posting in order to...' and so on. Also for new potential customers to www.xenforo.com/community it would come in handy, because we all know how Guides/Manuals-threads are being read. 'Not', is the word, I believe...;)

So why not stimulate people to [Like] the first posting and at the same time guide them to... the guide for further reading pleasure.

PS:
Oh, I forgot: if you like this suggestion, please press the [Like] button! :rolleyes:

That's just for this forum though to gauge feedback.

It wouldn't be used anywhere else so why waste time editing the code for something which isn't going to be in XF 1.0?

I vote Dislike.

Why not just add a poll to each suggestion thread?
Vote yes if you agree
Vote no if you disagree
Vote don't care if you don't care

Seeing your feedback... did you pay attention to my text, I wonder?

That's just for this forum though to gauge feedback.

Hence why I clearly stated:

...why not create a little plugin only for www.xenforo.com,

And...
It wouldn't be used anywhere else so why waste time editing the code for something which isn't going to be in XF 1.0?

Hence why I even so clearly in that same sentence stated:

...why not create a little plugin

Seeing how fast apparently it is possible to create plugins for XF, it would be a chance to show it off ;) and at the same time contribute to improve the customer suggestion process over here.

I guess you have a point with this suggestion, on the other hand, maybe likes for suggestions should come entirely spontanious? Also sometimes I 'like' a suggestion, but not as a default feature :)

This is obviously something that the staff needs to think about; do they want customization on these forums, or use just the same code as what the customer will get?

Yes I read your post.

I just don't want the dev's wasting time on code which will be used here and here only.

Additionally, this forum is the public face of XenForo so if it's in use here then purchasers will expect to see it in their copy.

The instructions are clear on liking suggestions, if people don't read them or follow them, tough.

I guess you have a point, on the other hand, maybe likes for suggestions should come entirely spontanious? Also sometimes I 'like' a suggestion, but not as a default feature :)

The spontaneous factor only comes in on all other postings outside of the Suggestions forum I believe. The Suggestions forum is meant to gather customer feedback. Not only gather, I would also say: stimulate. So, by displaying a message in the OP of Suggestions threads you make people aware of the Suggestions-process and it actually stimulates feedback for people who forgot to [Like] or who are not even aware (new customers/community members) of the process.

The spontaneous factor only comes in on all other postings outside of the Suggestions forum I believe. The Suggestions forum is meant to gather customer feedback. Not only gather, I would also say: stimulate. So, by displaying a message in the OP of Suggestions threads you make people aware of the Suggestions-process and it actually stimulates feedback for people who forgot to [Like] or who are not even aware (new customers/community members) of the process.
Well I agree it is something the staff at least needs to consider, I also added this to my first post.

Additionally, this forum is the public face of XenForo so if it's in use here then purchasers will expect to see it in their copy.

I get this, but... it is a plugin after all. If they would actually make the plugin public (unsupported), then you can people point to that if they would want it.

The instructions are clear on liking suggestions, if people don't read them or follow them, tough.

Yes, it is tough. Because of that it can actually devalue the suggestions-evaluation-process...

Top Bottom