Rate and review users [Paid] [Deleted]

wang

wang submitted a new resource:

Rate and review users - Members can rate and review each other at your forum.

About this add-on
This add-on is designed to add a rate and review system on your forum for your members to rate each other. Rating uses font awsome. Members will receive an alert when their profile have been rated. Most rated users can be displayed on the forum sidebar and at the notable members page. An option to reset all ratings for an user can be found at the Moderator Tools link. It is available to admins and supermoderators only.

A full list of all features and...

Read more about this resource...

Also does this work into the Trophies system for xenforo. Would be nice to have people rewarded for receiving and giving ratings. Would have to limit how much you can do in a day, but would be a cool feature.

Also does this work into the Trophies system for xenforo. Would be nice to have people rewarded for receiving and giving ratings. Would have to limit how much you can do in a day, but would be a cool feature.

No, this does not work with the Trophies, but I can add that in the next version. I can also add a setting to limit how many users can be rated in a day. I am assuming that that is what you meant.

No, the add on is not working with the Widgets of that add on.

No, this does not work with the Trophies, but I can add that in the next version. I can also add a setting to limit how many users can be rated in a day. I am assuming that that is what you meant.

No, the add on is not working with the Widgets of that add on.
Ok cool, so i wouldn't mind buying this add-on in the future, but im using the Widget Framework. IF it worked with the Widget( I think you can work with the developer to have this add-on work with it) I wouldn't mid getting this for my Premium members on my site. Cool Add-on tho keep up the excellent work.

Ok cool, so i wouldn't mind buying this add-on in the future, but im using the Widget Framework. IF it worked with the Widget( I think you can work with the developer to have this add-on work with it) I wouldn't mid getting this for my Premium members on my site. Cool Add-on tho keep up the excellent work.

Thank you :)

I do not think that I will be including the Widget in my add on, but if you purchase my add on, then I can make the edits for you to use it together with that other add on.

Oops, we found a quick problem.

Setting the maximum review length to 0 doesn't save; it reverts to 1. Setting it to anything above 1 saves just fine, but 0 immediately defaults to 1.

Oops, we found a quick problem.

Setting the maximum review length to 0 doesn't save; it reverts to 1. Setting it to anything above 1 saves just fine, but 0 immediately defaults to 1.

Thank you for your report. I have emailed you a new xml file of the add on that will fix it. The instructions are provided in the email.

@wang has been super helpful fixing our little problem, and everything's working great!

Suggestions for future releases:
  • Allow the admins to set membergroups who can be reviewed - e.g. only members in X group can have reviews left for them
  • Make it an option whether to put the member's review rating in their postbit, rather than default yes
  • Add a phrase so that we can explain what the stars on a users' profile are for - at present there's just the stars sitting alone, so something like "Service Provider Rating:" or "Supplier Rating" or "Feedback Score:" would be a useful descriptor that people can set depending on what their board calls these users :D

@wang has been super helpful fixing our little problem, and everything's working great!

Suggestions for future releases:
  • Allow the admins to set membergroups who can be reviewed - e.g. only members in X group can have reviews left for them
  • Make it an option whether to put the member's review rating in their postbit, rather than default yes
  • Add a phrase so that we can explain what the stars on a users' profile are for - at present there's just the stars sitting alone, so something like "Service Provider Rating:" or "Supplier Rating" or "Feedback Score:" would be a useful descriptor that people can set depending on what their board calls these users :D

Thank you for your suggestions. :)

The first suggestion, it will be taken into consideration for the next release.
The second suggestion is already in the Add on. You can enable and disable users ratings in postbits by going to Message Elements in your Admin Panel and then tic/untic Show author avarage rating option. I will attach a screenshot here too of that setting.

setting.webp

In regard to your third suggestion, if you hoover over the rating stars, you will see that it says something like Terrible, Poor etc. Or did you mean to replace them with custom text?

I did take a look at the Widget add on, and the only place that it needs to work with my add on, is the place where te most rated users are added in the sidebar. I can make the changes for you to work with that other add on without problem.

You're a star!

Or did you mean to replace them with custom text?

I meant to precede them with custom text. Sorry, I've got sinusitis at the moment, so I'm being a bit vague :D

When you look at a user profile it has X stars under their Name and Status Message. What would be nice is if before those stars was a configurable text phrase so that it instead displays "Phrase: Stars" instead of just the stars. Then the board admin can set that phrase to whatever the star rating is being used to represent. "Feedback Score: Stars", "Supplier Rating: Stars", and so on :)

You're a star!

I meant to precede them with custom text. Sorry, I've got sinusitis at the moment, so I'm being a bit vague :D

When you look at a user profile it has X stars under their Name and Status Message. What would be nice is if before those stars was a configurable text phrase so that it instead displays "Phrase: Stars" instead of just the stars. Then the board admin can set that phrase to whatever the star rating is being used to represent. "Feedback Score: Stars", "Supplier Rating: Stars", and so on :)

Thank you for your reply :) Now I understand what you meant by changing the text of the rating stars. I will take this into consideration too. And get well soon.

Top Bottom