Rank for everyone who joined before beta launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darfuria

I think it would be nice if everyone who's an active member on the forums prior to XF becoming available to the general public to be given a special rank (XF Community Founder, or something) so that when the XF forums become inevitably overrun by people praising the software, we recognise each other and stand out from the crowd a little bit in a nice clique way.

This kind of makeover?
spanking.gif

__
allecto.gif
____
shifty.gif
____
allecto.gif
__

I think it would be nice if everyone who's an active member on the forums prior to XF becoming available to the general public to be given a special rank (XF Community Founder, or something) so that when the XF forums become inevitably overrun by people praising the software, we recognise each other and stand out from the crowd a little bit in a nice clique way.
Or how bout Mike and Kier give us all a cookie.
Wanna a cookie?

:D

I don't think XF should reward any customer over another.... early supporter / adopter or not, with special user titles.

Cliques in forums should be avoided at all costs.

When I first joined here I felt very much an outsider due to all the common history amongst those of you from vB.

But this would be the clique of "people who were here before it went on sale," which would be a clique anyway whether it was ever acknowledged or not, and which you belong to whether you want to or not. :)

The cliques are always there, and everyone always knows who's in them and who's not. They can actually be a powerful tool - some people will knock themselves out to get included in a clique.

The internet is high school, that's why tactics like stars and awards and Likes and so on work so well.

(I notice that the editing function has changed - was it changed for everyone, or did I accidentally change some setting? Now a new page pops up.)

I don't think XF should reward any customer over another.... early supporter / adopter or not, with special user titles.

I wasn't really considering it a reward - but, now that I think about trying to respond to your post and explain how it isn't a reward, it sort of seems like an award to me.

Thinking through fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom