[random thought] linking to xenForo on our current forums

Reeve of Shinra

One day, out of sheer frustration while working on one of my sites -- I decided to add a little blurb in my footer which now kinda looks like this:

Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.4
Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Personally, I suggest you spend the money on IP.Board

I'm thinking of adding another link for xenforo ..

I'm wondering if any other frustrated people would like to do the same.

Well I'm sure if people who run vB 4 are upset, if they have a blog they've made an entry about it, a Twitter account they've tweeted about it, they talk to other admins they've probably talked to them about it. At this point if you're running forums I'm sure they've shared links to XenForo in one form or another.

Though I'll admit I think you're the first person I've seen do that with their footer. :p

Unless you run a webmaster site, i don't think most members would even bother ;) Or they might come and ask you - so why are you running the software anyway :D

Maybe it's me, but personally I am looking forward to a bright future with xenforo and am not too interested in dwelling on the past.

To be honest, at this point we're just alpha testers, there's no need to link or promote XF (yet) because there's nothing to download or demonstrate or buy.

Still, best alpha/preview ever. :cool:

Yesh, but as you can see, every 5th post is : Can I download it, can I get a free copy, when can I buy it

We all want to ask those questions, but the answer remains the same: This is an alpha testing, a demo site, prior to ANY public demo one could buy/download. Overwhelming Kier/Mike/Ashley with more of those questions doesn't do them any good. 15,000+ posts in a week, they already have enough to deal with. They don't need us at this point to advertise or recommend them.

I am not saying people aren't allowed to. Just saying, perhaps hold off until there's actually something to download, demo or purchase, and help those users at that point that are convinced to consider buying a license. No need to burn them out before there's something to purchase.

Top Bottom