Random Quote for XenQuotation Enhancement

Random Quote for XenQuotation Enhancement

DRE

DRE submitted a new resource:

Random Quote for XenQuotation Enhancement - Remember Brogan's Random Quote Addon? Make it look like that but better.

I used to use Brogan's Random Quotes Sidebar on my forum list but then I noticed that XenQuotation does the same thing but better because instead of having to upload quotes directly to your server you can just save quotes from member's posts.

This resource is just a template code to style it only as Random Quotes without extra...

Read more about this resource...

So, just to confirm, you use xenquotation and then apply the template mods.

I agree, having to reupload files to update the quotes is a pain. Just give yourself (admin) permissions to that particular forum (is that how it works?) and then add your own in each post. Seems like a much easier solution :)

Reactions: DRE
So, just to confirm, you use xenquotation and then apply the template mods.

I agree, having to reupload files to update the quotes is a pain. Just give yourself (admin) permissions to that particular forum (is that how it works?) and then add your own in each post. Seems like a much easier solution :)
That's correct! Remove all your Quotation Menus and Restrict their permissions so they can't see them anyway.

QuotationPermissions.webp

This is how it was set up on my site:

Phrase: xenquote_save_quotation
Search: Save Quotation
Replace: Save

Save

Phrase: xenquote_random_quotation
Search: Random Quotation
Replace:

Save

Phrase: xenquote_list_of_quotations_by_members_of_x
Search: This is a list of quotations saved by the members of {board_title}.
Replace: This is a list of quotations saved by Ethos.

Save

When you say 'remove all of your quotation menus', how do you go about that?

Changing the permissions and phrases make sense, but I haven't used xenquotation yet so wanted to make sure that I 'fixed it' (to my liking) as soon as I get my grubby hands on it :)

When you say 'remove all of your quotation menus', how do you go about that?

Changing the permissions and phrases make sense, but I haven't used xenquotation yet so wanted to make sure that I 'fixed it' (to my liking) as soon as I get my grubby hands on it :)
QuWindows.webp

Is this unrelated to your mod, but sort of what I been looking for (your mod). Is this random quotation every page refresh or daily?

Top Bottom