XF 1.2 Random permissions error

Eoj Nawoh

I am getting a "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" on random parts of my forum.

When I refresh they go away, there's no server error logs, and I don't know what's causing them. I recently upgraded to 1.2 and this is the first I'm seeing them.

So for being vague.

@Brogan , sorry to bother you. But I've tried turning off all the addons, but since it happens randomly, I haven't really been able to figure out which one it is. (or if it's two conflicting.)

No errors show up in the server error log, is there anything else you can advise?

We are seeing something occasionally and randomly in our Sandbox installation, too. It can manifest right at the top level - no permission to view the main index page. It may stay that way despite a refresh, and then later, randomly, (and without any change to permissions) will right itself. I've seen it myself (an Admin), as my Alter Ego test a/c (a Moderator); and my colleagues have reported similar refusals. I cannot recreate it reliably; I'm just fairly confident it will occur again, but don't know when nor in what circumstances.

Disable all add-ons and test again.

In three years of using XenForo on multiple sites as an administrator, moderator and regular user, I have never encountered random permission errors.

Disable all add-ons and test again.

In three years of using XenForo on multiple sites as an administrator, moderator and regular user, I have never encountered random permission errors.

I did and I didn't receive any errors, the main issue I'm having is, I can't get the error on a regular basis so I can't figure out what is causing it.

Top Bottom