Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) 1.1.5

No permission to download
Yeah, one of the thread_view modification isn't being applied. The only reason was that your thread_view template was modified to the point that the "Find" expression for that particular modification couldn't be found.

I have a problem with this plugin: my users always see the correct number of members reading the thread, but always 0 guests.
Admins see the right number of visitors.
What am I missing?
I set the permissions, and my users are seeing the box, but they always see 0 guests reading.

Hmm I will look into it. If I had to venture a guess guests might be included in the session model setting for unconfirmed. Which is currently set to be viewable only by those with bypass permissions.

If you want to test this theory (I'm at work). Edit the model file in /library/RainDD/Model/ThreadRead.php and look for the parameter that's either unconfirmed or get unconfirmed. Change the $bypassUserPrivacy to just true no $ or anything.

Might not be it. If its not I will have to look at the session call parameters. Xenforo provides the counts in an array from the function. But there are parameters defining what to show.

Ok, found.
I went into the file ThreadViewers.php
and I substituted the following
$bypassUserPrivacy = $this->getModelFromCache('XenForo_Model_User')->canBypassUserPrivacy();
with
$bypassUserPrivacy = true;
I works perfectly. :)

My moderators would love a link on users' profiles that lets them see the last 15 threads the user viewed. Makes it really easy to identify sock puppet accounts when their Viewed list all focuses around a specific topic. Similarly, makes it easy to find trolls that have come back with new accounts when their Viewed list shows them revisiting the threads they were active in prior to getting banned.

I'd be glad to throw in money to fund development.

Update Time An update will be issued today. Some information for those of you affected.

@cfilgn @joroom @Eagle @sadiq6210 @Argema
Good News, Bad News. The good news is the Guest count issue can be fixed without sacrificing user privacy settings. The bad news is for non admins it will require an extra query. The fact is this is normal, its how the online users block does it to get totals in addition to the user list. I also see a problem with the method. An accurate guest query with give a total member view count, regardless of privacy. I think in the future this should be made an option. Up to the admin if the user can see the actual member count even if they can't see all the members viewing.

@Garamond @Luis @kankan
Thanks to @Xon's contributions the more/less is now translatable.

@BobbyWibowo Your template fix has been integrated.

@okhello This certainly will be possible in the 1.2.x branch of the addon. As we will be tracking first and last viewed per content id it will be simple to do such a thing. I wouldn't expect it to be at first release at all. I would not take any contributions to speed up development until 1.2 is actually released. Just safe that way.

More changes inbound.

rainmotorsports updated [RainDD] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes, New Phrases, Compatibility Update for 1.5.8

1.1.3 changes provided by Xon
  • Moved javascript into an external file, and only include when required.
  • Minimized javascript used when not in debug mode.
  • Phrased the All/Less text.
  • Fixed guest count for users without privacy bypass permission.
  • Ensure valid status for session data (Viewers) for the upcoming Xenforo 1.5.8 update as suggested by Xon.
  • Fixed issue with Less button.
  • Fixed container content check.
Just a note on the guest count fix. Guests counts technically should have never worked by design. This requires a second query to be accurate. I did however only run the query for users who require it to work. This allows privacy to still work as intended.

YOU MUST MERGE OR REVERT TEMPLATES. Way too many changes to work properly if you don't.

can it be set so only the moderator can see the "who viewed"?

Are you asking if the permissions can be different between viewed and viewing? If so i dont remember off the top of my heas. However the plugin does have a usergroup based permission so generally yes you can do this.

So let me get this straight because I had this add-on some time ago and now I'm seriously considering putting it back.

1 - It is not a resource hog

2 - Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days), which is set by default to 365, means that anyone that viewed a thread in say 2014, which is longer than 365 days ago, will not be listed.

I'm not an expert in SQL performance. I know the main performance issue is having to do a LIKE evaluation on content IDs being read at a given time. But the performance is otherwise similar to that of the users online block.

Yes unfortunately relying on the data Xenforo leaves laying around means anything past that date is gone. Sometimes older content that has been recently viewed isn't marked and it's an issue to some people.

In the future performance will come into question as it will write it's own read data. It will be done in such a way that I hope to increase performance over current operations but overall there will be more work being done. I think extremely large boards will have to evaulate at that point if having certain features turned on is worth it.

I think I have an issue whereby this is not displaying in threads that are in a forum/node that was added after the add-on was installed. I think. I can't think of any other reason as to why it is displaying in old nodes but not in new nodes. Is this possible? Thanks. :)

I think I have an issue whereby this is not displaying in threads that are in a forum/node that was added after the add-on was installed. I think. I can't think of any other reason as to why it is displaying in old nodes but not in new nodes. Is this possible? Thanks. :)
Weird, I have made a couple of new nodes after I installed the add-on a couple months ago, but it's appearing in there o.O

anyone got a problem with a customised template?
after installation, it hasn't replaced anything (even within the default template)
then i checked the setup-files and manually inserted this into my own template.

I don't gent any errors, but I also don't get any output, even if i remove the checks if a user is able to view this.
Anyone else got this porblem?

Is there a way to differentiate between users who have read the latest post in the thread vs someone who only viewed it once?

Also is there a way to show "not viewed" userlist?

Is there a way to differentiate between users who have read the latest post in the thread vs someone who only viewed it once?

Also is there a way to show "not viewed" userlist?

The short answer is no and no. I'm not sure how it would be possible to track users viewing individual posts in threads. And there is no "not viewed" list, if you mean a list of people who have not viewed a thread. Presumably that would be everyone who has not viewed it.