Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) 1.1.5

No permission to download
Is this a bug or something else I saw a normal user in staff only thread.
GnlmoNa.png

but when i trace it via its profile it shown in public thread
55lXNmI.png

Any idea?

I've noticed that with a lot of threads the "Users Who Have Read This Thread" doesn't seem to update properly. I'll see a thread showing it's been viewed 30 times, but the addon might show only five people who have read it. Does it only count people who have looked at a thread for x-amount of time or use some other criteria?

I've noticed that with a lot of threads the "Users Who Have Read This Thread" doesn't seem to update properly. I'll see a thread showing it's been viewed 30 times, but the addon might show only five people who have read it. Does it only count people who have looked at a thread for x-amount of time or use some other criteria?

Can guests view those threads? if so that's why.

@imno007 then I'm stumped, I get the feeling the developer of this isn't going to update it any longer, shame!!
I wouldn't assume that. It's only been a month since he last updated it and he was on the forums here just yesterday, so maybe he's just too busy to be bothered right now.

I don't think I will be done this today however here is a little preview:
View attachment 73784

It will be an option for each in the options. I plan to leave it as stock size 48 pixels. But I will include the instructions on how to change it to 32 in the css.

The main concern I have is the title tag takes a moment to come up on the first hover. Versus the alternate method used in the example given. Not sure if they are using jquery for that or not. It would be easy to do I just did not want to use jquery if I didn't have to.
Do you have news ?

I've also run into this bug, and it appears to have just started, so I'm not sure what the error is. Here's perhaps the most extreme example:

HaywireUsersViewing.png

It is certainly possible that 261 users were viewing that thread and 230 guests were, except that I know there weren't because not a particularly popular thread in a not-particularly-popular sub-forum.

Similarly, users are showing up in staff threads- where I know they aren't, since I can test their permissions and they can't get there at all.

Users are shown as viewing threads where they don't belong or don't have permissions, and/or are sticking in threads where they aren't still viewing.

I've also run into this bug, and it appears to have just started, so I'm not sure what the error is. Here's perhaps the most extreme example:

HaywireUsersViewing.png

It is certainly possible that 261 users were viewing that thread and 230 guests were, except that I know there weren't because not a particularly popular thread in a not-particularly-popular sub-forum.

Similarly, users are showing up in staff threads- where I know they aren't, since I can test their permissions and they can't get there at all.

Users are shown as viewing threads where they don't belong or don't have permissions, and/or are sticking in threads where they aren't still viewing.

I had the same problem. One particular thread was showing that about 1000 members were in the thread and hundreds of guests even though it was a private forum that guests don't have permission to access.

If either of you can submit the activity table I am reading from so I can see what the query result is and fix it that would be great. I'm at work and off the top of my head don't remember the table name. You would want to dump it when you notice the issue and have a thread ID handy.

I'm thinking a short thread ID partial matching with a longer one that starts the same is to blame. Also seems unlikely but its my first guess. I'll see if I can't get an accurate query for you guys to run to show exactly what the results are so I can adjust it.

The issue was a short thread id was causing partial matching.

It had this condition:
PHP:
session_activity.params like '%thread_id=" . intval($conditions['threadid']) . "%'
It needed this condition:
PHP:
session_activity.params like '%thread_id=" . intval($conditions['threadid']) . "&%'
or
session_activity.params like '%thread_id=" . intval($conditions['threadid']) . "'

Does hovering over a username in the users who viewed a thread section show a tooltip with the date and time they previously viewed the thread like on vBulletin?

@Xon I appreciate the help. I will get to this tomorrow when I am home.

@Amaury No and until I write a new plugin that doesn't rely on Xenforos core recording what I can add is limited. Its time stamped by Xenforo for the first visit not the most recent. Ideally you might want that as an option of course rather than always be most recent.

@Xon I appreciate the help. I will get to this tomorrow when I am home.
Not a problem, it is great to have an addon owner receptive to feedback.

Note; the explicit tapatalk support in the thread condition isn't really required as "%thread_id" matches the same as "useragent=tapatalk&thread_id"

@Amaury No and until I write a new plugin that doesn't rely on Xenforos core recording what I can add is limited. Its time stamped by Xenforo for the first visit not the most recent. Ideally you might want that as an option of course rather than always be most recent.
It would be nice if the query could hit indexes rather than a table scan of all activity in the last 'x' period. You'ld really need a content type & content id fields + view date in the index for optimum DB performance.

But there is a bunch of work for that.

Not a problem, it is great to have an addon owner receptive to feedback.
Note; the explicit tapatalk support in the thread condition isn't really required as "%thread_id" matches the same as "useragent=tapatalk&thread_id"

It would be nice if the query could hit indexes rather than a table scan of all activity in the last 'x' period. You'ld really need a content type & content id fields + view date in the index for optimum DB performance.

But there is a bunch of work for that.

This being not a 100% original plugin, though I tried to write it from scratch, is to me a way to give back to a community that has helped me. I have spent all my free time in the past as a windows developer and now that I really want to switch to web development I don't exactly have enough time in the day to learn. Back when I was working on our vBulletin site and people would ask, I described my skill levels as "I don't submit bug reports I submit fixes". So its really nice to have other people willing to do that.

If the session activity can be extended or overridden then just adding new columns and writing our data in the same query shouldn't have much of a performance impact? Then we can just query our column minimizing database server load. As funny as it is that I got my start working on database applications for a data entry firm, that was 10 years ago and performance with flat file dbase files wasn't exactly a concern. I sit here knowing I have plenty to learn to maximize performance with a resource like a MySQL server.

I've had all my time stolen by a beautiful woman. But I am starting to get back to this. I've got so much unfinished work at the gaming community. Its sad that a simple thing like this hasn't gotten any love from me.

rainmotorsports updated [RainDD] Thread Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) with a new update entry:

1.0.2 Critical Bug Fix + New Feature

Bug Fixes
Thanks to bug reports and @Xon a bug where users are shown viewing a thread that partially matched another thread id. This update is highly recommended for anyone running this plugin!

New Features
Avatar's instead of usernames is now an option. Hovering over the avatar will display the username. This feature will be refined in the future.

Future List
The next planned feature is collapsing long read lists with the ability for a user to expand. This...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The new version is great! How i can change the size of avatars? Seems a little too big for me. :P