Resource icon

[RainDigitalDesign] User Activity (Users Viewed, Viewing Thread) 1.1.5

No permission to download

2 things, the 2 phrases changed. They need to be reverted (unless there is an outdated phrases system).
The phrases should be:
Code:
raindd_threadactivity_whoisviewing
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread <span class="footnote">(Users: {users}, Guests: {guests})</span>
raindd_threadactivity_whoread
Users Who Have Read This Thread <span class="footnote">(Total: {total})</span>

Check and make sure you do not have any outdated templates. The raindd_threadactivity_readcontainer template for example should be:
Code:
<h3>{xen:phrase raindd_threadactivity_whoread, 'total={xen:number $raindd_threadactivity_usercount}'}</h3>
and not the older:
Code:
<h3>{xen:phrase raindd_threadactivity_whoread} <span class="footnote">(Total: {$raindd_threadactivity_usercount})</span></h3>

The update changed the version number for the phrases and templates so the update should have changed them and flagged outdated ones as needing to be merged in the admin control panel. But if all else fails you can uninstall and reinstall the plugin.

Thank you for this add-on :) One version with avatar is possible ? (size 32px) Example:
View attachment 73692

I don't think I will be done this today however here is a little preview:
Untitled-1.webp

It will be an option for each in the options. I plan to leave it as stock size 48 pixels. But I will include the instructions on how to change it to 32 in the css.

The main concern I have is the title tag takes a moment to come up on the first hover. Versus the alternate method used in the example given. Not sure if they are using jquery for that or not. It would be easy to do I just did not want to use jquery if I didn't have to.

Last edited:
Any idea why "Users Who Have Read This Thread" doesn't appear in threads older than a specific date?

It won't appear if there are no views in the database (by my design), which is recorded by Xenforo itself and purged after the data set in Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days) which is a stock xenforo option.

I noticed when I went and read a thread from 2008 and no matter how many times you go back and look at it your user is not recorded as having read it. But then we have a thread that is from 2009 that is posted in almost every day and its recording views.

I am not sure what the deal is. After I add support for the resource manager I will be adding my own view recording (possibly optional) and that should fix this. Possible explanation is no views are recorded on threads that have not had activity, replies since the Read marking lifetime date.

I would try replying to the thread in question if no replies in a long time and then have users read it see if their reads get counted. At least that way we have established the Xenforo behaviour for sure.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's showing users who still select to be hidden (ninja mode). Any way you can prevent these users from being shown on the "viewing this thread" box?

edit:
Also, possibly enable for pages? Would be immensely useful to see who viewed a page such as rules. :P

I will add pages to the list. Basically about to rename the plugin lol.

Are you sure your not viewing from a user that has permission to bypass privacy settings? I originally tested it And it seemed to respect privacy properly.

I will add pages to the list. Basically about to rename the plugin lol.

Are you sure your not viewing from a user that has permission to bypass privacy settings? I originally tested it And it seemed to respect privacy properly.
Sorry! My bad... I was viewing with admin privilege. All good. (y)

What about, when hovering over users that have viewed the thread if it'd show a time stamp beside the name popup with the last time they viewed the thread?

What about, when hovering over users that have viewed the thread if it'd show a time stamp beside the name popup with the last time they viewed the thread?
I'm assuming that's a request? The stock xenforo data I don't think updates it based off the observation last on the list is always last new person to have read.

I can do this with the new version though.

Here is what's going to happen. I'm splitting this into a new plugin. This will exist much as it does now and only be passive. I'm going to write a new plugin with its own data writer for views. That way we can control and have options for how it behaves. That will also allow for the who has viewed on the other areas requested such as pages, resources etc. Once that is in place then yeah for sure.

Please add:

When hovering mouse over username show visit date & time

Once again the recorded date as stock in Xenforo does not change upon a revisit. I can probably add this to the current design but it won't be until the new plugin that these dates are updated upon subsequent views.

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the Add-on but cannot get it to run.

I think there are permissions missing. I can't find the option in the Admin dashboard where to give the Add-on the needed permissions.
Where do I find that feature so that the Add-on is active in my forum?

Thx a lot for your support
Marcus

I don't think I will be done this today however here is a little preview:
View attachment 73784

It will be an option for each in the options. I plan to leave it as stock size 48 pixels. But I will include the instructions on how to change it to 32 in the css.

The main concern I have is the title tag takes a moment to come up on the first hover. Versus the alternate method used in the example given. Not sure if they are using jquery for that or not. It would be easy to do I just did not want to use jquery if I didn't have to.
Do you have news ?

Yeah sorry i was going to post the other day. I uh coincidentally started hanging out with someone special after I released this. I just need an hour to finish that. Not at home right now or id probably do it.