• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek User Notes

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

This one was requested here.

In short words: This add-on creates a second visitor message tab with own permissions (to post stuff related notes,..).
usernote_permissions.webp
usernotes_tab.webp

You're also able to import your old vBulletin user notes.

usernote_importer.webp

ATM the importer imports ONLY the notes and ignores the permissions!
You need to set the permissions manually!

ATTENTION: requires my add-on helper framework available here=> http://ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/ragtek-add-ons-helper-framework.186/#post-1379

Attachments

Before somebody starts requesting features=>
There's a new version waiting to be finished (with search feature, better design, more permissions and some other geeky stuff) but hadn't time to finish it...
Will this new version also allow to add moderation notes to an thread?
i.e. so that other mods know that mod X is monitoring this thread, etc.

no, sorry

i'm having something similar, but it's not for public release

no, sorry

i'm having something similar, but it's not for public release
Ragtek, do you think you could make some modifications? I'm willing to pay $75USD if you can do this.
  • A page which consists pretty much of just a searchbox, this page can only be viewed by the person that has the permission to do so.
  • This searchbox searches through usernames & a custom profile field which consists of A-Z and 0-9 characters.
  • If a user/user with the custom profile field specified is found, takes you to either their profile page with the user notes option or, preferably a page separate from their profile which is dedicated just to user notes. If multiple users are found, brings up a list of results, although there shouldn't often be duplicates.
  • Here's perhaps the difficult bit, if no user or custom profile field is found with that value, create a new "space"/area to store notes. This doesn't need to actually create an account with these values, but really just an area for notes to be written under the searched value. This area/space must be available the next time a user searches for the same value. There's no need for autoprompting or a suggestions box of users.
  • On this page, pretty much have it how it is now, all the notes listed in chronological order a box to submit new notes. The same searchbox as before would also be convenient, but optional.
  • Make it so either all the moderators/administrators or all the users in two specified groups receive an alert whenever any user adds a note. Which should consist of something along the lines of "<Name> added a note to <name>'s file." and then when clicked takes you to the note.
  • Notes should only be editable/deleted by someone with the permission to do so.
  • OPTIONAL: A link to the notes a user has on their file when their avatar is clicked in a post or similar.
Please PM me if you're able/interested in performing this.

I'm willing to have the money held by a third party or provide half of it upfront to guarantee my payment.

Top Bottom