• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek Prevent Admin Post Editing

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

This add-on allows you to allow/prevent your moderators to edit admin posts (something similar was requested here => http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-prevent-moderators-from-moderating-admin-posts.18714)

after the installation you'll find a new mod permission
modperm.webp

ATTENTION: BETA VERSION!

(if you like one of the many add-ons i've coded for the community, feel free to support me with an paypal donation => ragga@ragtek.org (which motivates me to code more for free;) )

template edits:0
file edits:0
additional sql queries => yes. (depends on posts/page and how many different users posted... i'm caching the data, so if there are 10 posts and 3 users posted, it will add 3 VERY QUICK & simple (=>fast) queries)

Attachments

I can't edit posts administrator, but I can delete it! :)
I think this plugin is useless without 2 extra options:
  • Can delete admin posts
  • Can delete admin threads.

I can't edit posts administrator, but I can delete it! :)
I think this plugin is useless without 2 extra options:
  • Can delete admin posts
  • Can delete admin threads.

hm, have you asked the same question here: http://ragtek.org/xenforo/threads/what-is-the-meaning-of-this-plugin.371/#post-1546 ??:D

Answer:
Yes, moderators can still delete the post / thread, BUT
I never give all mods the permission to hard delete anything.
So, if he deletes it, it's only soft deleted, i can make it visible again and then i ask the mod why he did it..
If he had a valid reason, it's ok, if not, he's no longer a mod:D

That's why i didn't implement this.
Let's see if i find some time to include this also (but i still hope xf 1.1 will bring some new useful permissions)

Top Bottom