• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek New User Mail

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great, but I rather get a daily or weekly digest for archive.

I run a private board, so all new registrations must be approved. I'm receiving the email notification just fine. It says:

New User registered
Name: User Name
Mail: user@email.com

MOST of the time, if I then go into my Admin CP, I can see this new person listed under: "Users awaiting approval." But not always. I'd say about 80% of the time. 20% of the time I'll go to the Admin CP to approve them and there will be nobody listed under "Users awaiting approval."

If I manually search for them in the CP, their profile indicates "Registered" but also shows a User State of: "Awaiting email confirmation."

Anyone else have this problem where the CP indicates the "Users awaiting approval" shows ZERO, but they are still, in fact, awaiting email confirmation? Is this a bug?

open librabry/ragtek/num/datawriter/user
search for
PHP:
Ragtek_Helper_Mail::sendMail('ragtekNewUserAlert', $mailParams);
the 3, paramater here is the reciver email adress.

you could create an array with all recivers and use foreach to send it to all

Can you modify this to go to a specific email address? I've got a team of moderators who help me approve members.

I need the same functionality

open librabry/ragtek/num/datawriter/user
search for
PHP:
Ragtek_Helper_Mail::sendMail('ragtekNewUserAlert', $mailParams);
the 3, paramater here is the reciver email adress.

you could create an array with all recivers and use foreach to send it to all

Maybe in a later edition, we could get a parameter in the admincp mod options to add multiple userids to the receiver address....?

Not all of us are coders and understand what you mean here.

I need the same functionality

Maybe in a later edition, we could get a parameter in the admincp mod options to add multiple userids to the receiver address....?

Not all of us are coders and understand what you mean here.
I've noted it already on our todo list because i like the idea;)
BUT let's see when somebody of us finds time for this..:/

Hi Ragtek, a nice mod, it's good to know via email when someone joins :)

I am seeing a strange little problem with it though.
The mod itself works fine, but if I add a user to a usergroup for forum permissions, they don't take effect.
If I disable the new user email mod and add the same user to usergroups, the usergroup permissions work as expected.

I have disabled all my other addons and the problem only ocurrs when the new user email mod is active.
I can't see any errors in my apache error log or in teh xenforo logs.
I have version 1.0.0 of the mod installed.

Hi Ragtek, a nice mod, it's good to know via email when someone joins :)

I am seeing a strange little problem with it though.
The mod itself works fine, but if I add a user to a usergroup for forum permissions, they don't take effect.
If I disable the new user email mod and add the same user to usergroups, the usergroup permissions work as expected.

I have disabled all my other addons and the problem only ocurrs when the new user email mod is active.
I can't see any errors in my apache error log or in teh xenforo logs.
I have version 1.0.0 of the mod installed.
there was a bug in the 1. version which should be fixed.

edit:
oh, this add-on was never updated here.

pls wait for tomorrow where we'll release it:(
sorry

Hi.

I stopped the work on the next version.

We've decided to code 1 add-on which covers our other 2 add-ons (welcome new user thread, welcome new user conversation) to reduce our maintain work.

This means, that the new add-on will include

welcome new user - thread
welcome new user - conversation
new user admin notification (ragtek new user mail was IMHO the wrong name for this, ebcause the admin gets the mail and not the user^^)
AND new feature
a real "welcome new user mail" which gets send to the user and not the admin;)

you will be able to de/activate everything, so it won't do all the things automatic;)
also we will include as many requests as possible made in the 3 threads

would this be ok for everybody?

Hi.

I stopped the work on the next version.

We've decided to code 1 add-on which covers our other 2 add-ons (welcome new user thread, welcome new user conversation) to reduce our maintain work.

This means, that the new add-on will include

welcome new user - thread
welcome new user - conversation
new user admin notification (ragtek new user mail was IMHO the wrong name for this, ebcause the admin gets the mail and not the user^^)
AND new feature
a real "welcome new user mail" which gets send to the user and not the admin;)

you will be able to de/activate everything, so it won't do all the things automatic;)
also we will include as many requests as possible made in the 3 threads

would this be ok for everybody?
Wow, that'd be brilliant! (y)

Could the "New User Admin notification" include:
  1. link to user profile
  2. date of birth
  3. IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom