• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

ragtek First Post Moderated Forums

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

Once again, strange add-on name, but nice add-on:D

This add-on allows you, to define forums, where the first post is moderated! (ONLY THE FIRST POST!) (requested here)

So, every first post of every new thread in the selected forums are moderated.
A.E described this add-on much better

Attachments

Eh, why not just create the announcement in the administration category and move the discussion to the public forum when done? .. That way the team can also leave comments, post resources, etc .. and discuss it .. and before publication the admin can delete or move the comments ..

I am happy you were able to fullfil someone's request, but can't see the use when you can just publish in a private board first

This is not for Team use floris. In our forum sellers create a thread when they want to sell something. But we need some more information as the "normal" user will get. We need the invoice, sometimes customs documents ... and we need these without any black bars over names or adresses.

After our check we delete those documents and and moderate the post so that everyone can start buying and can be shure that everything is ok with this offer.

Eh, why not just create the announcement in the administration category and move the discussion to the public forum when done? .. That way the team can also leave comments, post resources, etc .. and discuss it .. and before publication the admin can delete or move the comments ..

I am happy you were able to fullfil someone's request, but can't see the use when you can just publish in a private board first
true, but in some boards i can't / don't want to do this.
I have several boards, where i trust the moderators (or other team members), BUT they don't need (and don't want) to know everything(for example what's happening behind the scenes and what exactly we are preparing for the page..)
Also i don't want to have several team forums (mods, admins, tech team,...) where they can see only the stuff for them..
I had this in the past, but some "teamforums" are really unneccessary.
Why create 2-10 extra forums where "3-5 people" will have access and where you post maybe 2-5 times a year?
So we decided to post this stuff hidden in a already existing area...
I know it sounds strange, but in some communities it's working fine...

This is not for Team use floris. In our forum sellers create a thread when they want to sell something. But we need some more information as the "normal" user will get. We need the invoice, sometimes customs documents ... and we need these without any black bars over names or adresses.

After our check we delete those documents and and moderate the post so that everyone can start buying and can be shure that everything is ok with this offer.
Thanks for explaining.

hi ragtek, just to clarify your Add-On clearly:
Is the first post of the user per selected forum moderated, or is the post moderated, if the user posts his first post overall in one of the selected forums?

Does it help if i say => the thread is moderarated?:D

If YOU create a thread in this forum, it will be moderated. Once mods approve it, everybody can post in it (without moderation)

So only the first post in the thread (threadcreator) is moderated.

So, every first post of every new thread in the selected forums are moderated.
Ok, so it was as useless as a fifth wheel, that i was focused on user...
Thanks, ragtek.

Top Bottom