Rage Quitting

DRE

How do you feel about rage quitters and have you ever experienced it on your site?

In the beginning it used to annoy me but now I'm used to it.

Three members were fighting yesterday and I had to punish one, who then threatened to quit... who then later quit.

One of the members who he was fighting with started arguing with me and was like "I'm innocent" even though she started it.

Normally I wouldn't have said anything but I said no your not and she's like wtf you are insulting my character I won't stand for it and quit.

It was quite random and happened all in the Taigachat box. Apparently they've been arguing for weeks and are only just now reporting each other.

So now 2/3 members who were arguing left, makes me wonder what all I did wrong besides not paying attention.

Is that the rage quitters who actually quit, or those which quit then stalk from a new account?
I think they just had a temper tantrum and left. Don't know if any of em will come back. Plus they would have a hard time stalking from a new account due to noobs having to be manually approved to access the main subforum, the chatbox and not being able to start convos.
You did nothing wrong. If they didn't report it to you until it escalated, how could you have known?
Yeah man I'm busy with other stuff I usually try to let people sort their own issues.
This:-

That's what you did wrong.
I warned all 3 in a personal convo. Afterwards, the dude talked more crap then was like okay I'm done now so I banned him from the chatbox.
The other two did not talk more crap until one of the chicks started bragging about her innocence at which point I was like no your not, but it's okay.

She got mad and rage quit too.

I warned all 3 in a personal convo. Afterwards, the dude talked more crap then was like okay I'm done now so I banned him from the chatbox.
The other two did not talk more crap until one of the chicks started bragging about her innocence at which point I was like no your not, but it's okay.
You didn't say that though, you said you'd only warned one :p Details, DRE, details!

Yeah my bad. You know what sucks is that I turned off the chatbox archives so I don't know how long it's been going on.

That's an advantage of manual approval I guess. We had someone left, who ended up with about 4 accounts at one stage, and she thought we didn't know. Kept a track on what she was doing, and pounced as soon as she tried to start trolling from a "secret" account.

Blew up badly in her face. Kind of sad really that people can't let things go.

I don't use the default manual approval system. Once a member registers they can go ahead and post like normal after confirming their email.

The problem is they can't create threads, start convos, visit the main forum or chatbox. They have to be manually upgraded to the regular posting usergroup.

It helps alot. I need to combine that with one of the spam prevention addons later though.

It can be, if it goes far enough.

Indeed.

I ended up uninstalling the chat box modification we had and banning a guy for two months because he made a completely inappropriate joke about females' periods toward one of our female staff members.

We have fought with members over the addition of chat apps on our site, for 9 years. We simply will not add one!
  • The are largely un-moderated
  • There's no record of conversations - unlike the forum. Good stuff gets lost too...
  • They attract and promote stupidity, inane comments, racism, sexism and all the nasty stuff

Rage quitters are awesome. Love watching situations explode over the stupidest crap.

Just ban them for about 30 days. They usually learn their lesson.

lol

he came back and asked me about his punishment but I unbanned him from the chatbox since he didn't quit forreal.

So that's 2/3 stayed. That chatbox is a lot of drama geez.

Although it's drama I think it's worth the risk because there are alot of cell phone apps out there that let us one-on-one convo peeps.

There are some that even allow group chat. But the thing about a chat room on the mobile skin is that it's really unique.

You can join a forum where there are people who have a common interest, and can easily just chat with them in the chatbox without having to look throughout the site for a convo to get started in.

It's really easy to get into. Besides the drama, the only thing that sucks is that it results in less posts when you have a small community.

Top Bottom