[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo

[OzzModz] Raffles for XenForo [Paid] 2.0.15

No permission to buy ($39.00)
Could you please double check that all of the files have been uploaded to your server.

The only way I can duplicate this is if the js file is missing.. js/Snog/Raffles/countdown.min.js

I just checked by reinstalling it, and it's still bugged..

I just checked by reinstalling it, and it's still bugged..
Forgive me for asking, but could you please check your js/Snog/Raffles folder to be sure the files are there?

Just re-installing wouldn't place the files there if you didn't actually upload them.

I re-uploaded everything directly from your website and with the latest version. Including checking afterwards that those JS files are present.

PS: Is the "viewing unknown page", on online members page, fix coming soon?

Last edited:
PS: Is the "viewing unknown page", on online members page, fix coming soon?
So far as this goes, it's been done since the day I said it would be in the next release. I don't need reminding of things like this.

It was cosmetic and wasn't something urgent that needed immediate release.

Snog updated Raffles for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Raffles for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.4

An update to Raffles for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Remove - Ability to directly allow an unregistered user to enter a raffle
  • Add - Error if an unregistered user tries to enter a raffle
  • Add - Activity now displayed for users viewing raffles
  • Fix - Countdown clock script not loading on sites not in main site directory
NOTE: While the ability to directly...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you want to add a "ticket" icon to the Navigation Header, go to Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> extra.less and add this:
Code:
.p-navEl-link[data-nav-id='snog_raffles_navtab']:before {content: '\f145'}

Will end up looking like this:
View attachment 172263
If anyone is using this, you will need to add this line to your extra.less in order for it to keep working on the latest version of XF:

Code:
.p-nav .p-navEl-link:before {font: normal normal normal 14px/1 FontAwesome;}

Minor UI glitch; when the mod is first installed, and no raffles are created, both the front-end and AdminCP are missing the standard block saying no entries are found.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd expect there to be a block similar to this:
saying there are no raffles.

Also, a feature request; would it be possible to gain the ability to add raffles in the front-end, gated behind permissions? Since the template syntax and PHP is identical for the front-end and AdminCP I hope that won't be too much work :)

On the forum we're using this on, we have a few very active moderators who are involved in community events whereas the administrators are sometimes less active, so being able to let these moderators manage raffles from the front-end would be a huge boon.

Thanks!

Fillip

Minor UI glitch; when the mod is first installed, and no raffles are created, both the front-end and AdminCP are missing the standard block saying no entries are found.

I'd expect there to be a block similar to this:
saying there are no raffles.

Also, a feature request; would it be possible to gain the ability to add raffles in the front-end, gated behind permissions? Since the template syntax and PHP is identical for the front-end and AdminCP I hope that won't be too much work :)

On the forum we're using this on, we have a few very active moderators who are involved in community events whereas the administrators are sometimes less active, so being able to let these moderators manage raffles from the front-end would be a huge boon.

Thanks!

Fillip
Not so much a glitch as an assumption. Especially in the admin area where if there's nothing listed I don't think people need to be told nothing was found. Even more so when an admin hasn't created a raffle yet. That always seemed to be a bit 'Well DUH!' to me. ;)

I'll add a message on the front end in the next release. (EDIT: Actually the phrase is defined in the template. It's a template coding problem on my part)

So far as creating/modifying raffles from the front end, that won't be added. Control is fixed to the admin area with admin permissions and will remain there.

Last edited:
So far as creating/modifying raffles from the front end, that won't be added. Control is fixed to the admin area with admin permissions and will remain there.
What's the problem with simply adding a new UG permission to control front-end access? I just don't see why it has to be admin only.

Fillip

What's the problem with simply adding a new UG permission to control front-end access? I just don't see why it has to be admin only.

Fillip
This has been discussed many times over the nearly 10 year lifespan of this add-on (vB and XF).

Creating raffles must remain in the hands of admins/owners due to the responsibility of making good on a raffle.

For example, a disgruntled moderator decides to run a one day raffle for a brand new computer. People enter the raffle and a winner is drawn. But, there was never a computer to give away. How does that reflect on the site owner/admin? Are they then responsible to supply that new computer? In some areas, the law would say yes. Even if the law in an area said no, how would that reflect on the site itself?

Things similar to that happened very early in the add-on's life. Literally thousands of dollars worth of satellite receivers were raffled off without the site owner's knowledge and he had to make good on the raffles. To combat that, control was moved to the admin area and remains there now.

Last edited:
This has been discussed many times over the nearly 10 year lifespan of this add-on (vB and XF).

Creating raffles must remain in the hands of admins/owners due to the responsibility of making good on a raffle.

For example, a disgruntled moderator decides to run a one day raffle for a brand new computer. People enter the raffle and a winner is drawn. But, there was never a computer to give away. How does that reflect on the site owner/admin? Are they then responsible to supply that new computer? In some areas, the law would say yes. Even if the law in an area said no, how would that reflect on the site itself?

Things similar to that happened very early in the add-on's life. Literally thousands of dollars worth of satellite receivers were raffled off without the site owner's knowledge and he had to make good on the raffles. To combat that, control was moved to the admin area and remains there now.
That actually makes a lot of sense, thanks for taking the time to explain :D

You should probably copypaste that answer into the FAQ in the resources for XF1 and XF2, so when the next cabbage comes along you can just tell them to Read The Fabulous Manual 😝

Fillip

Just a quick question. I have set up a raffle and im using DB Credits. I have limited users to a max of two entries however the rifle screen shows Entries per user: 2 and then You have enough Credits to enter this raffle 11 times which is confusing.

Have a I missed a setting?

Just a quick question. I have set up a raffle and im using DB Credits. I have limited users to a max of two entries however the rifle screen shows Entries per user: 2 and then You have enough Credits to enter this raffle 11 times which is confusing.

Have a I missed a setting?
That would be correct and you haven't missed anything.

Let's say the raffle costs 1 credit per entry and like your raffle limited the user to 2 entries. Then "You have enough credits to enter this raffle 2 times" were displayed, Users that know they have 11 credits would complain that the information is wrong and they have enough to enter 11 times. But, they are limited to 2 times.

It's a semantic problem where 1/2 the people will complain it's wrong and 1/2 will say it's right.

Top Bottom