XF 2.2 Quoting post results in wrong user/postlink but correct message

cmpe

Got a weird one that I'm still scratching my head on. Posting in case anyone else has something like this happen. Tried to find existing topics on this but this old XF 1.4 thread was the only one that seemed close:

tl;dr - a replier quoted original post in a thread and not entirely clearly what mechanism he used (presuming he just clicked on "reply" under the original post). The quote shows the correct quoted message but the attributed user and the link points to a completely different thread/post/user.

When I quote the original post, the BBcode looks fine as does the preview in the editor, this is as expected:
Code:
[QUOTE="ThreadStarterUser, post: 553066, member: 3890"]
Original Thread Message
[/QUOTE]

However in the problem post, the BBcode looks like this and this post 54289999 is in a completely unrelated thread but it is DifferentUser that posted it.
Code:
[QUOTE="DifferentUser, post: 542899, member: 174"]
Original Thread Message
[/QUOTE]

The post ID and the user ID is unchanged so it's not like the user mistakenly modified both of these two IDs (I suppose it could have been done on purpose but given the user's post history, it does not seem likely).

My initial hunch is that this is frontend/JS related? Unless the backend does some checks/verification/changes these quote params after the user POSTs them?

Last edited:
Top Bottom