Fixed Quoted-post length limiter triggers on a short post

Last edited:
I still haven't been able to reproduce this. If the quote just contains text, there shouldn't be a reason for this unless the quote's height is changing (as we need to detect if the quote is taller than the allowable max height).

I still haven't been able to reproduce this. If the quote just contains text, there shouldn't be a reason for this unless the quote's height is changing (as we need to detect if the quote is taller than the allowable max height).
OK, I know what's causing this problem, and it's quite funny if to be honest. If you zoom the thread I've linked to twice (125%), you will see the quote as I saw it. A bug? I don't know, but it's impossible to read on XF with displays 24" and up with a resolution of 1920X1200 without zooming.

OK, I know what's causing this problem, and it's quite funny if to be honest. If you zoom the thread I've linked to twice (125%), you will see the quote as I saw it. A bug? I don't know, but it's impossible to read on XF with displays 24" and up with a resolution of 1920X1200 without zooming.
NOPE.

My default screen size is 1920 x 1080

I have Windows zoom everything at 150%

I still get the "display link" as I should.

But on an off chance that maybe you could be right... I did a browser zoom of 300 % :eek: and still got it.

Can not confirm. Sorry.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 15
I get the "click to expand" text as expected with Chrome zoomed here.
It happens between 125-150% zoom, if you go further it wouldn't happen.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know what's common to all of us, maybe the vertical resolution of 1200? If yes, that's just weird. It happens to me only when I'm on Chrome 27 and OSX.

I reported it to have happened on Firefox with my initial example.
What is your display resolution and do you zoom your page?

Last edited:
I can confirm it in that situation - the window has to be maximized (with fixed width) to show it on that example.

I think it's a rounding issue internal to the browser, as the scroll height is actually 1px more than the "actual" (offset) height, despite the fact that it's not actually limited.

I'm not positive if this is the same issue as what was originally reported as it is zoom-specific.

I can confirm it in that situation - the window has to be maximized (with fixed width) to show it on that example.

I think it's a rounding issue internal to the browser, as the scroll height is actually 1px more than the "actual" (offset) height, despite the fact that it's not actually limited.

I'm not positive if this is the same issue as what was originally reported as it is zoom-specific.
I was just going to tell him that it works for me. :cautious:

I could not confirm it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(32 seconds)

I'm going to consider this fixed as of beta 5, given my "off by one" workaround mentioned above.

I'm not positive it's the same behavior as in the first post, but other than this one zoom situation, I haven't been able to reproduce it. If it comes up again, let us know.

Top Bottom