Resource icon

Quote Post in Conversation 1.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
This is a really great add-on.

Is there a way to have this cause the Conversation window to pop up with the quote inside, rather than redirecting fully to the Conversation page; this way, the users will be able to send a message quickly, then revert to the thread they quoted from instantly.

Thanks!

Reactions: Dan
This is a really great add-on.

Is there a way to have this cause the Conversation window to pop up with the quote inside, rather than redirecting fully to the Conversation page; this way, the users will be able to send a message quickly, then revert to the thread they quoted from instantly.

Thanks!
Fantastic idea. We use this on extralicense.com
Will talk to our devs and see if we can't get this implemented.

I'd like to change the style of the button. For standard reply button I use this in EXTRA.CSS:
.thread_view .messageMeta a.reply
But I don't know how to call CSS for the "quote in conversation". Any ideas?

I don't understand how this adds anything different than the Repy button within a post. When I click that reply button I get the quoted post automatically. What does tis do other than add another reply button under a different name? Seems redundant but maybe I'm missing something?

I don't understand how this adds anything different than the Repy button within a post. When I click that reply button I get the quoted post automatically. What does tis do other than add another reply button under a different name? Seems redundant but maybe I'm missing something?

you're missing something :P

clicking on this link takes you to the conversation/pm area, with the user's name already filled in, and a quote copied into the conversation. it makes it easier to start a private conversation with someone directly about a particular post. it is separate thing from the 'reply' in a thread link.

Running well in 1.4.5?
I'm also interested in the avatar:
fireshot-screen-capture-245-test-i-xenforo-localhost_xenforo_threads_test_297-png-png.25205

:coffee:

Top Bottom