• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Quick Reply box being pushed outside of table?

I've gotten two people to test this for me- they both use firefox.

How would I fix this?

Keep in mind, that it's perfectly fine for me, running Chrome/Aurora.

Better yet:
Is it possible to re-size ONLY the quick reply avatar to a smaller size? That might fix the issue as well.

MOZ

This issue is most likely happening after the page has opened in a larger window and then the user resized the window to a smaller width.

MagnusB

Code:
    .quickReply .avatar .img.m { width: 50px; height: 50px; background-size: 50px 50px; }
    .quickReply .messageUserBlock { width: 100px; }
    .quickReply #QuickReply { margin-left: 120px;}
You can try something like that. I am not 100% sure if it will work, cause the editor was kinda acting up when I was messing around with it in developer tools for Chrome.

Ah, thank you. That worked but I have to work with it to move the reply box back over. Thank you again!
http://shirocoria.com/
user: test
pass: test
Apologies for the spammy looking posts, they're placeholders so the search engines don't index other things. (that's what my system's administrator said)

MagnusB

Code:
.quickReply .messageUserBlock {
width: 120px;
}
The text editor gets the width via the html tag style, I am not sure where it gets that width from. Hopefully it autoadjusts to available space.

Code:
.quickReply .messageUserBlock {
width: 120px;
}
The text editor gets the width via the html tag style, I am not sure where it gets that width from. Hopefully it autoadjusts to available space.
It seems that that one controls the width of the avatar container.

MagnusB

It does, bumping it up moves the editor to the side. If you want to reduce the width of the editor, try this
Code:
.quickReply table.mceLayout {
width: 900px !important;
}

This works well if you want to box to be liquid but not go over the page:
Code:
.quickReply table.mceLayout {
width: 95% !important; margin-right:50px !important;
}
place the code in the extra.css template.