1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for moderators

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by valdet, Aug 16, 2010.

1. valdet

valdet Active Member

It's probably posted somewhere but due to lack of time to search I would like to read impressions of two moderators Peggy and Lawrence about what they think about moderating xenforo.

I expect it is much easier than vB, and if you're allowed to discuss features in public, what are the things you like the most. Is there efficient anti-spam tools for mods, is modcp overwhelming or pretty easy to deal with..

Any chance of teaser screenshots :D

Probably this thread will sound a bit weird, but I'd love it if you can share soem info.

Thanks

2. James

James Well-Known Member

They're not allowed to share features (AFAIK) but I can share that there's no modcp and it's all inline which is great.

3. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

There is no ModCP, and none is required. :)

The way Mike and Kier implemented moderators functions, your site mods will spend less time moderating and more time being an active part of your community.

In a SS Kier posted on this site, it showed a link to the Reported Items. How they implemented that and the options available is the coolest thing I have seen here. You and your moderators will love it.

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep, all moderating is done inline. The tools are very easy to find, and easy to use.

This will be the subject of a "Have You Seen..." post by Kier, hopefully in the near future.

5. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Maybe sooner than later considering how this keeps coming up. :p

6. valdet

valdet Active Member

Thank you both. Now you got me even more excited.

7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Mission: Accomplished. [​IMG]

8. valdet

valdet Active Member

[​IMG]

Dubya agrees with you Peggy... :)

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

oh gawd get that off there. ugh

10. Been Told

Been Told Well-Known Member

OT:
    <sarcasm>OMG you don't like Dubya? You are so anti-American!!!</sarcasm>

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Actually I did like him during his first term, and voted for him both times. He really REALLY dropped the ball second term.

12. Princeton

Princeton Well-Known Member

that's great news!

make tasks easier for the staff - and the more productive they become