1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about warnings and attachment system

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by MrHamster, Apr 1, 2013.

1. MrHamster

MrHamster Member

Hello.

I have two fast and easy questions:
    1) Can I upload multiple attachments at the same time?
    2) Is there something like a warning system?

Thanks for helping me in my choice to Xenforo.

2. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

1) With the flash uploader, yep. This doesn't work on some server setups though.
    2) Yep.

3. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Please check out the demo system in order to play around with the core features.

4. MrHamster

MrHamster Member

Thanks for your answers. I'm a member of many Xenforo forums and had to deal with it since many months but after reading the FAQ on
    http://xffaq.com/xenforo-faq.html

I got curious if it was only achieved by addons or if it's just an outdated FAQ. I will try the demo too and see if I missed something.

About the flash uploader: What does it require on server side to work?

5. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

I think mod_security can cause it issues but generally it works for most people

6. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

From the looks of it, its a outdated FAQ. Besides, the year in footer is 2010.

7. oman

oman Well-Known Member

8. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

As I rarely use Windows, the flash uploader rarely works for me. And yes, mod_security doesn't like it much, either. :ROFLMAO:

9. MrHamster

MrHamster Member

How does the flash uploader behave to you if it's not working on your Linux/Mac?

10. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

I receive an error along the lines of "there was an error uploading the file". As I'm in Linux 99.9% of the time, I leave the flash uploader off on my site.

11. MrHamster

MrHamster Member

I know that there aren't any Mybb importers for Xenforo. I can't go the way like Mybb > vBulletin > Xenforo but I can go Mybb > phpbb > Xenforo. Can someone who did the phpbb-way tell me what was wrong in the end (which type of posts were incorrectly converted, which settings are missing, etc.)?