Question Threads to XF 2.2

Question Threads to XF 2.2 1.0.1

No permission to download

CMTV

CMTV submitted a new resource:

Question Threads to XF 2.2 - Convert "Question Threads" addon data to XenForo 2.2 internal question-solution system.

The convertation is happening during the installation stage so do not install before you are ready! (see "Usage")

Since 2.2 XenForo has its own question-solution system. It means there is no need to use "Question Threads" addon.

This addon will convert all data from "Question Threads" addon to internal XenForo question-solution system.

What it does​

Read more about this resource...

John rus

On install have error message:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'CMTV_QT_type' in 'where clause' in src\XF\Db\AbstractStatement.php at line 228
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 39
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src\XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement.php at line 54
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src\XF\Db\AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src\XF\Db\AbstractAdapter.php at line 322
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src\addons\CMTV\QTConverter\Setup.php at line 30
CMTV\QTConverter\Setup->installStep1() in src\XF\AddOn\StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 60
CMTV\QTConverter\Setup->installStepRunner() in src\XF\AddOn\StepRunnerInstallTrait.php at line 27
CMTV\QTConverter\Setup->install() in src\XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn.php at line 403
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src\XF\App.php at line 2298
XF\App->run() in src\XF.php at line 459
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

CMTV

Do you by chance have a TH importer to then import this way? 🤔
No. Never had plans to make one plus their structure is more complex (including votes and other stuff) so an importer would look like a downgrade for someone) Their addon is kind of Stack Overflow style. Mine is more classic leaving an option to discuss in question rather than giving straight answers.

But I think they will make one because they made an importer for their bookmarks addon.
@CMTV, on Windows column names (and tables too) can be lowecased.
Yeah I met such a problem before. The converter uses case-sensitive table names. I just need to be sure this is the case. Do you have this problem too?

Reactions: frm

Kruzya

No, i haven't performed upgrade process. I wait release and my production board is running on Linux.

MilkyMeda

I think the converter doesn't handle the News Feed items. I'm getting this error when viewing latest activity:
  • Template public:news_feed_item_post_best_answer: Template public:news_feed_item_post_best_answer is unknown (src\XF\Template\Templater.php:663)
Both converter and the add-on uninstalled.

MilkyMeda

How do you handle question threads with polls? Are those become a poll or a question? I think either way there is going to be data loss(poll or best answer) but I would prefer losing polls rather than best answers and this might be the current behaviour already. If not, please let us know.

Last edited:

MilkyMeda

Secondly, what will happen to the "threads only" nodes? Are they gonna be accepting all types except questions (most reasonable) or only threads(not so reasonable)?

CMTV

How do you handle question threads with polls?
I don't know) I suppose everything will be just fine with polls since I do not change any native XF data rather than type_data column in xf_thread table.

what will happen to the "threads only" nodes?
Nothing happens with them. The converter only touches "questions only" and "question + threads" nodes.

Generally, you can just create another copy of your forum, try to convert and see if everything satisfies you.