• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Question] How to implement conditional options?

SchmitzIT

I actually have two questions.

1) In the Options menu, I'd like to try and see if the following is possible. I provide a checkbox, and set it do disabled by default. Below it, I would like to add a set of options that would only be relevant if the checkbox above is checked. Ideally, I would hide them altogether, or disable them to visually show they are irrelevant until the ceckbox is turned on.

Is that possible?

2) Again, in the options, I would like to do the following. I fire off a query towards the database, and it comes back with a few results. I have seen and used the code by Lawrence as a basis, and use Lawrence's code pretty much unedited for a different part of the add-on.

However, rather than displaying a list of checkboxes, I'd like to do something along the following lines in the current part of the add-on that I'm working on. My query has one column detailing CSS code, and another one providing a name.

I want to pass the array returned by my query to a template, and display the CSS as a label, and then have a textbox with a value of the second column, that can be edited by the user. I'll need to store whatever values the user enters for later use.

How would I go about achieving that?

Thanks in advance :)

F

Floris

If you make a group in the admin.php > options
And in this group you add a unique id called EP_MyOption

Then in a template you can use: <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.EP_MyOption} == 1">assuming value is a valid one</xen:if>

In PHP it's just if ($xenOptions.EP_MyOption == '1') { .. }

At least, that's what I hope you were looking for. Regarding the checkbox options comment.

SchmitzIT

Thanks for your reply, Floris.

I'm actually aiming at the check to be done within the same admin options page.

I.e. I have an option group for my add-on. In that, I have a checkbox stating: "Enable add-on?". There are more options below it, but they will not show until the checkbox is enabled.

Does that make sense?

F

Floris

Ah yes, that makes sense. You mean how reCaptcha has done it for mail? Unless checked, the callback won't enable it.

I wonder if that's done via javascript btw. Haven't played with that part yet. But I believe it uses a controller to get the other options below it. I am probably so wrong :p

SchmitzIT

I just am not sure it can currently be done. I wouldn't know where to put that in the definition of the option screen, other than perhaps wrapping my entire option screen in a template, which (i think), would make me lose part of the control over the rest of the abilities provided by the option screen.

F

Floris

I see captcha using a callback, I wonder if the callback checks against the status live, or perhaps a quick js check, options are only live when pressed on submit, so you can re-use the existing js. Maybe Kier or Mike or David can respond.