• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Question for Xenforo for a Fantasy Writer Site

Greetings all!
I am considering Xenforo for a Fantasy Writers Site I am working on (currently using Wordpress but not happy with forum plugin options).

Therefore, I have a few questions:
1) Is there a way users can upload samples of their writing, short stories, poetry, etc for writing contests if I wanted to host writing contests monthly?
If so, is that built in to Xenforo, or would I have to purchase the resource manager or an add-on? If an add-on, which one?

2) is there a way to add a tab along the menu at the top called "Games" that would link to an adobe flash game I wrote?
If not, do I need an add on for this?

Thanks
Cupre

Jeremy

You can have them upload as attachments. Depending on permissions, you can limit viewing of entries.

You can add tabs via template edits.

P.S. Would buying the Resource Manager offer any benefit to hosting writing contests than just the base Xenforo software alone?
Again, mainly would need something for storing and displaying prose/poetry, not megabytes of jpeg and movie uploads.

Thanks

Jeremy

Well, personally, I feel it's over kill just to hold contests unless you want the extra features. You could use the resource manager as a way to host user writings with reviews, ratings, discussions, etc.

If you want private entries, you can accomplish a much more refined set of permissions in the base forums such as private threads, turning on/off new threads, no replies, etc.