Question for designers (Russ, John, Audentio, Ehren, Steve F, Arty, etc ...)

Allan

This question if address has all the creators of styles.

My question is simple, the sales of your styles they allow you to live without the need of a job and more ?

This question if address has all the creators of styles.

My question is simple, the sales of your styles they allow you to live without the need of a job and more ?
Pre-mades don't make enough money, or consistently make enough money to live off of for most people. There might be a few that do, but the bulk of money made from style sites tends to come from custom jobs.

I've released some free styles (simple) and I've done some minor custom work for a few people. It's not often that I do a full style for someone.

Can't say its enough to live off of. Usually I have the person in question buy me something & that usually is for my site... cutting out the middle man (payment processors).... ie... I'll do X if you get me Y. I've received most of my paid add-ons this way. :)

The income from the pre-made styles is better than I thought... especially for how few amount of styles we have.

I do like custom work though... usually try to do 2 full styles a month, on top of lots of little jobs here and there.

Except... I'm taking a break from custom stuff for a bit to push out some new styles.

The income from the pre-made styles is better than I thought... especially for how few amount of styles we have.

I do like custom work though... usually try to do 2 full styles a month, on top of lots of little jobs here and there.

Except... I'm taking a break from custom stuff for a bit to push out some new styles.
Don't get to busy.... Sometime past October (likely around December) I may indeed want that "custom order" (not the convert). ;)

Haha if I did that I wouldn't enjoy styling XF as much as I do now :D

HAHA - I know exactly what you mean. I dunno how you (generalizing to all stylers) do what you do day in and day out it would drive me mad styling constantly so hats off to you for the work you do and in the quality that you provide. 1 style and I get bored and won't style for a good while so constantly styling would physically kill me. :P

HAHA - I know exactly what you mean. I dunno how you (generalizing to all stylers) do what you do day in and day out it would drive me mad styling constantly so hats off to you for the work you do and in the quality that you provide. 1 style and I get bored and won't style for a good while so constantly styling would physically kill me. :p

:D it gets to you after a while :D, I use my second monitor for netflix while I style, it makes the time go by fast.

Except... my second monitor just took a dump yesterday :(

Eh, in general its tough to live off of. I am a full-time web designer, and about 50% of my income is from XenForo. In order to have a mortgage and pay all your bills, you'll need to do something else (unless I am missing out on Russ' secret) on the side.

Thank you for your feedback :)

I know it is difficult to talk about, but can you tell me the range of monthly income?

Top Bottom