Question before purchase

Jamroller

Hello, I am a bit new to making websites and forums and my first language is not english and I didn't understand everything from your FAQ threads and messages.

I am just planning ahead to make a website and forum for my small group of friends (for gaming) and i don't like the forums I have (website is wordpress with bbpress) so I was thinking to keep my website but have a link to a different folder for another forum like xenforo which i was recommended by someone.

I see the price and i didn't understand fully. I see i don't need to renew after 12 month if i dont want updates or support but my question is, is the xenforo license only for 1 website ever? As in, if my website for my gaming group doesn't end up lasting and I delete it after a few months I cannot use my license anymore if I want to make a new website?
Or is the license only 1 website at a time so then I could convert my license to a new website if I don't need it for the website I am trying to make now?

Also i went to check for styles on the xenforo site and i see they have to be purchased which i understand, but the ones i'm interest in and at the top on the purchase button they all say "buy now for XX.XX $ Not available" and the button is greyed out.

Again sorry for my english and thank you in advance for answers.

is the xenforo license only for 1 website ever? As in, if my website for my gaming group doesn't end up lasting and I delete it after a few months I cannot use my license anymore if I want to make a new website?
Or is the license only 1 website at a time so then I could convert my license to a new website if I don't need it for the website I am trying to make now?
The latter.

You can change the URL associated with your license at any time, but XF can only be installed once, at any one time.

but the ones i'm interest in and at the top on the purchase button they all say "buy now for XX.XX $ Not available" and the button is greyed out.
You have to be a licensed customer in order to access resources.

The latter.

You can change the URL associated with your license at any time, but XF can only be installed once, at any one time.

You have to be a licensed customer in order to access resources.
You can only have one forum per license.

You have to be a licensed customer to purchase paid add-ons or styles.
Thank you Brogan and Amaury for fast answers, it is very appreciated.

i will look more into the demo before i get xenforo, since i am not sure yet if my small group needs this good of forum software.

Top Bottom