Question about XenForo, does it do status updates?

Gregory Lynn

I just looked at my forum history and I hit the CPU limit twice with my host in 3 weeks. But it happened 2 weeks ago and my host was unable to tell me why it happened because the data was so old.

They said there may have been a lot of people chatting and the forum did a status update? I will be the first to admit I don't know anything about CPU limit. My hosts CPU limit is 6 and I am going over 4 every day. Should I look for a new host?

P.S. my forum only has 32 members!

There are several cron tasks which run at periodic intervals each day.

I can't imagine you would have any issues at all though with just 32 members.

Your host really needs to provide more information as to why the CPU load was so high at those times.

Is it a shared server or a VPS?

I don't really know what CPU load really means, but I do know they will slow your website down it you hit the limit. Do you think its a good idea to stay with my host if I am hitting 4 every day, when 6 is the limit?

I don't really know what CPU load really means, but I do know they will slow your website down it you hit the limit. Do you think its a good idea to stay with my host if I am hitting 4 every day, when 6 is the limit?
As long as you're below your limit then you shouldn't have a reason to change. 4 is a high number though.

You need to take into account slowdowns and such, are your users experiencing slowdowns at intervals? Are these slowdowns software or server-related?

We're having 4-5 load at busy moments (vB), it's not that exceptional. For a small forum though it's too high, but possible for example if many of your members happen to do multiple forum searches in a short period of time.

Top Bottom