XF 1.2 Question about Warning System

Zeras

XenForo is so ahead of the curve that there have been many cases where I would think, "It would be nice if it did this" and a few moments later, I find that is exactly what it does. However, there is one thing XF does not appear to do that really surprised me.

When you issue a warning to a user, how do they view the post they received the warning for if the post was soft-deleted?

In vBulletin, the PM they received included a quote of the complete post which made it easy. I know in the warning system there are options to use {title}, {url}, etc. but no variable for the post's contents. This is a problem if the user has posted more than once in a thread and gets one or more warnings for their posts because they do not know exactly what they said that caused the warning.

Am I missing something?

It would be nice if there was a {message} option that could be included in the warning's Default Text or, at the very least, it let users view their own post even if it was soft-deleted as long as it happened during a warning.

On a side note, it would really help if the warning system would include an option for creating a thread in a moderator forum like the report post system does. There's an old addon for it, but it would be nice if it was built-in like the report system.

-Zeras

but no variable for the post's contents.
The content tag is available for the content.
You may use the following placeholders: {title}, {content} and {url} to dynamically insert the content's information; {name} to insert the name of the user receiving the warning; and {staff} to insert the name of the staff member giving the warning. You may use BB code.

Reactions: Sim
The content tag is available for the content.
Just pointing out that you replied to a post I made almost two years ago back when 1.2 was out, and at that time, {content} was not an option. Only {title}, {url}, and {name} was supported then. As a result, I created my own solution. It looks like later releases support it now so that's good to hear.

-Zeras

Actually, it was I who replied to your old post - Brogan just responded with the clarification that the issue is no longer the case.

All good now anyway!

Actually, it was I who replied to your old post - Brogan just responded with the clarification that the issue is no longer the case.

All good now anyway!
Aye, but he quoted part of my post, not yours, which is why I got the quote alert for it, and why I clarified that it wasn't a feature when I originally posted it 2 years ago.

Top Bottom