Question about the stock Subscription System inside XenForo.

jonsidneyb

I am going to have 7 subscribed used groups. The last three I know will require a custom solution but I am wondering if the first 4 can be handled with the stock system.

For the first 4 subscribed user groups.

Would a person be able to subscribe to all four user groups? In the stock vB set up if they join a second group it takes them out of the first user group they joined.

If a person joined 2-4 user groups over a period of time for lets say 3 months each does it confuse the clock. Would each of the 4 groups expire accordingly?

The final question. Lets say someone purchased a 3 month subscription for user groups #1 and 2 months later subscribed again. They are now paid up for 4 months. Will the clock show 3 months or will it show for months of paid time remaining?

If it can handle the first 4 groups I will only need a custom solution for the last three groups.

Thanks for any answers you guys can give me.

Would a person be able to subscribe to all four user groups? In the stock vB set up if they join a second group it takes them out of the first user group they joined.

Yes. The groups are applied as secondary groups so there is no conflict.

If a person joined 2-4 user groups over a period of time for lets say 3 months each does it confuse the clock. Would each of the 4 groups expire accordingly?

There is no problem. The expirations are handled separately for each upgrade the user buys.

The final question. Lets say someone purchased a 3 month subscription for user groups #1 and 2 months later subscribed again. They are now paid up for 4 months. Will the clock show 3 months or will it show for months of paid time remaining?

It adds. It should show 4 months.

Yes. The groups are applied as secondary groups so there is no conflict.

There is no problem. The expirations are handled separately for each upgrade the user buys.

It adds. It should show 4 months.

Thank you very very much. I will name my next dog or kid after you for this response.

Now I will see what it will take to get the custom part of it done.

jon,

would you mind outlining for us novices - who still did not get the "user-group" stuff - what the differences of those 7 user-groups might be?
Just as an example.... to get a better understanding.

Many thanks!

jon,

would you mind outlining for us novices - who still did not get the "user-group" stuff - what the differences of those 7 user-groups might be?
Just as an example.... to get a better understanding.

Many thanks!

Let's see if I can articulate this well enough.

Subscription A, B, C, and D from what I am told will be no problem with the stock system.

E, F, and G might be a bit of a problem.

E, F, and G will be restricted to people in certain occupation and will be verified before being allowed to buy the subscriptions. The price on F, and G will be negotiated.

These last three how to buy would not be seen by the other members. Any member can be in A, B, C, and D including those in E, F, and G, however if you are eligible to belong in E, F, or G you cannot belong to another groups in the last three.

Example: If you are in group E: you cannot belong to F, or G, but you can belong to A, B, C, and D.

I would want to be able to approve anyone eligible for, then be able to create a place for them to pay each month for their subscription. If they break certain forum rules or their occupation changes the ability to pay for that subscription would be taken away. Because F, and G, prices are negotiated I would have to set them up company by company.

In a nut shell I want to be able to set up hidden subscriptions for selected people that only a certain individual can see how to pay for while at the same time have four subscriptions visible to all people.

Top Bottom