XF 1.3 Question about the Likes tally

Ludachris

Users can Like a whole bunch of things in XF - conversation posts, status, gallery photos, showcase items, and countless other things depending on the plugins you have installed. My question is - is all content that gets liked added to the user's combined Like count? Looks like it does.

That might pose a problem for us, as we are coming from the vB reputation system, which was mainly used to vote posts as "useful" to help build user credibility. We may need to try and find a secondary system to use in tandem with the Like system.

Users can Like a whole bunch of things in XF - conversation posts, status, gallery photos, showcase items, and countless other things depending on the plugins you have installed. My question is - is all content that gets liked added to the user's combined Like count? Looks like it does.

That might pose a problem for us, as we are coming from the vB reputation system, which was mainly used to vote posts as "useful" to help build user credibility. We may need to try and find a secondary system to use in tandem with the Like system.
I don't think that a specific user so to speak has a count of how many likes they give, as a matter of fact, there is a likes count of likes that they receive if that's what you're talking about.

Top Bottom