question about domain

aiman.h.kallaf

Hello,

I want to host my domain with a company and pointed to the server where my site files are hosted,

would it make any different or affect the speed of the site if my domain is hosted in a different company where my site is hosted.
or the domain name has nothing to do with the speed and performance of the site ?

Hello,

I want to host my domain with a company and pointed to the server where my site files are hosted,

would it make any different or affect the speed of the site if my domain is hosted in a different company where my site is hosted.
or the domain name has nothing to do with the speed and performance of the site ?
I've got domains registered at NameCheap and DynDNS. Don't think it really makes that much difference. Some of them I do my DNS at NameCheap and the others at ZoneEdit. For some of the domains that just point to my main ones I use the free CloudFlare DNS.

Last edited:
There are 3 parts when it comes to your domain name:
1. The registrar: The place where you bought your domain, then renew every year, etc..
2. The DNS provider: Most people would use their registrar for this service. Some will choose other companies for DNS that may offer additional services.
3. The hosting company: Where you host the files for your site.

You can use 3 different companies if you want - ie: enom as registrar, cloudflare for dns, xfhost for hosting.. OR, you can use one company for all 3: enom as registrar, dns, hosting.

Depending on the combination of the 3, you'll pay higher/lower depending on performance and additional services.

Hope this clears it up?

Short answer: no, it shouldn't effect the speed as long as the dns service you're using doesn't have slow servers.

the main reason i'm asking this is because i want to own my domain for 10 years which i can't do with the current hosting company , that is why i want to transfer my domain to godady.

Not only should you have your domain hosted somewhere else, it's something I have always recommended. I've personally seen hosts hijack domain names, etc. Forget to pay a bill on time? The domain belongs to them, and there's no getting it back. Want to try to change hosts? They make it difficult to impossible to do.

Go with Namecheap or Godaddy for the domain, and host wherever you like.

i just finish transferring my domain to Godaddy, payed for ten years and bought some peace of mind.
still waiting for the transformation to complete according to them it could take up to 7 days

Top Bottom