Qestion about insert/edit link!

Gregory Lynn

On my forum I am only able to insert/edit link 1 link at a time. If I try to do another one it changes the address of the first link and it never makes the second hyperlink. Is this a bug or is something wrong with my forum?

You will have to disable each add-on in turn to see if/when the problem disappears.
Even then it may not as it may be a conflict between 2 or more add-ons.

I can't comment on the RAM, it depends on lots of different factors.

I have disabled all mods one by one until they were all disabled and its still doing it. I even tried clearing the computer cache and rebuilding the cache on the forum and its still doing it. Do you have any other ideas?

P.S. I just moved the forum would that have anything to do with it?

Ok, I just figured out the problem. XenForo made the rest of the paragraph a hyperlink even though it only highlighted two words. Once I separated the rest of the paragraph form the link it worked. And it works with all of my mods enabled. Any idea how XenForo made the rest of the paragraph a hyperlink?

From your opening post, it sounded as if it was happening for everyone, all the time.

As I said earlier, it was more than likely an issue with closing tags.

If you want to check the formatting and tags, switch to the plain text editor which will make if all visible.

My questions are a bit different.

1. Is there a way to enable the "insert/edit link" button on the toolbar?
  2. Is there an automated way to insert hyperlinks into a post?
Right now I can only do it manually:

Code:
[URL=http://www.wikipedia.com]wikipedia[/URL]

The insert/remove link buttons are already on the toolbar - they are the chain link icons to the left of insert image.

Highlight the text you want to link, click the button and paste the link.

I didn't know you have to highlight the text first. I thought there would be a popup consistent with the media button.

Note to self: write this into FAQ

actually, at first I thought this was very unintuitive, and in a way it is, since I had to ask the question, but the advantage I see is that when you're writing a block of text you can create the link within it, instead of outside it, then cutting and pasting it back into position within the text, which has been a rather annoying method in vbulletin.

so essentially it's:

type the text > type the url > highlight and rightclick to copy > click the chain link button in the toolbar > paste the link in the window > save -- and voila! It's done.

I get it now ;)

Top Bottom