Q&A Spam Uptick?

frm

I noticed I had just one spam registration that I'm aware of, and it checks with the email address and IP address, since implementing Q&A captcha.

I'm just wondering, from those that only have Q&A enabled, if there was an uptick in spam registrations from the first one that you noticed.

My fear is that the 1 registration was manual and since (possibly) it was paid for through a "captcha solving" service that the question and answer were logged where automated tools (not mentioning names but I'm sure we all know which I speak of) could now bombard the forum if they are aggregated somewhere (which makes sense as it'd benefit the software as a whole).

Am I just being paranoid or should I change the Q&A up; and, how often, if ever, do you change your Q&As?

I change the Q&A as soon as the first spam message gets through, which is typically every few months.

I get a handful of spam posts each year.

I change the Q&A as soon as the first spam message gets through, which is typically every few months.

I get a handful of spam posts each year.
I cross checked the email used and immediately placed it in a group where moderation is required for posting approval, so that shouldn't be an issue with this account.

Just wondering if anyone has seen an uptick in registrations getting through since the captcha was solved (and possibly saved to be redistributed to all X owners).

I might as well be on the safe side and change it without seeing a bunch of registrations while sitting back on a hunch...

Top Bottom