XF 2.2 PWA Question

It's not "buried" at all.

There are various prompts on desktop and mobile informing visitors they can install it.

I was not prompted to install it on my fully updated Android phone (Pixel 3xl). I stumbled across a link in the three bar menu. Other than that all I see is the tiny little icon in the command line of the browser on my desktop.

I have never seen one on the bottom, either, with any of my Android devices with Chrome. (on this forum, or either of my 2 forums)

But it is in the hamburger menu.

I do, however, get the prompt to enable push notifications.

Which browser are you using, Brogan?

I do see the + on top with Chrome, on a Windows machine. But I don't see it with Chrome on Android.

Neither setup gets the bottom invite for me, and I tried it on many devices and machines.

I wonder if the default browser setting has some kind of pop up blocker?

But I don't see it with Chrome on Android
If you are on a phone, open the "hamburger" navigation menu on the left side and scroll to the bottom. Should be an Install option there.

However, I do not get an option to install PWA on an old tablet I use as an e-reader (Android 7) so I suspect there may an Android version issue.

Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed reply with pics.

Perhaps "periodically" is the issue, and I just havent seen it yet because of that on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with Chrome, or the Galaxy flagship S20+ phone w/Chrome and latest OS. Patience is a virtue :)

Mike
That's Chrome on my Samsung tablet.

I also get the notification (periodically) on Chrome on my Android phone.

Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed reply with pics.

Perhaps "periodically" is the issue, and I just havent seen it yet because of that on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with Chrome, or the Galaxy flagship S20+ phone w/Chrome and latest OS. Patience is a virtue :)

Mike
I can't see anything either. I have looked everywhere on my forum.

Top Bottom