Awaiting feedback PWA Install xenForo button makes logo and mobile navigation unclickable

M@rc

Affected version
On Android when browsing xenForo.com as a member, the "Install XenForo" notice appears. I swipe it away, it disappears, and then I can't click on the logo or the hamburger menu to bring up the mobile navigation links.

It only starts to work again when I close the browser and reopen.

What changed? Because I haven't remember seeing this notice appear in the past.

At another xenForo forum, a member reported that the button doesn't even disappear. It just stays at the top and blocks their alerts. I haven't reproduced this one but the above happens often lately on xenForo.com's official support forum.

Are you talking about the install notice given by the browser itself, or the button in the navigation menu? We have no control over the former so that's likely to be a browser issue.

Are you talking about the install notice given by the browser itself, or the button in the navigation menu? We have no control over the former so that's likely to be a browser issue.
It's a floating menu that has the xenForo logo on the left

The following words in the middle:
Install xenForo
xenforo.com

And "Install" to the right.

I notice Chrome on Android does similar on other sites I am on that have PWAs but I have not seen it with XF sites yet. It seems to go away eventually but I am not clear on what is dismissing it.

Top Bottom